Chip Amp Photo Gallery

jacco vermeulen said:
Mr Blue,

what's the verdict on Sparky ?

Sparky is a great little amp. Lots more authority than the regular LM3886 and runs a lot cooler than the Krell. It got a little more hummmmmmm (but its not something you can notice unless you really try) than the 3886 but that's possibly due to my sloppy wiring. I am quite happy with it.

The thread on Sparky is here.

luka said:
..and finally

Luka,

Are you using the original IEC-320 inlet? I would reconsider this. If you are the only one who will be working with this, that is OK, but if someone else is going to touch this, then it would be a very good idea if you labelled it accordingly to avoid them inadvertantly plugging it inot 120VAC or even worse, 240VAC. Just a thought.

Steve

LM3886

;)

Attachments

• dscn0302.jpg
    dscn0302.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 10,251
integrated gainclone and Digital receiver

This was my first gainclone... a single integrated component. The chassis houses LM3875 bpards (Audio Sector), a NOS DAC (also audio sector) and a digital audio receiver by squeezebox.
The amp uses two PLitron toroids (120 V 22VAC). The case was manufactured by
Hexateq AV and i applie the custom black anodize finish on this end.The sound is clean and fast. I am a little dissapointed in the gain so i may investigate a buffer section.
It is still burning so i wwill wait before i pass judgement, but so far i like what i hear.
Thanks to everyone who lent there hand, Peter Daniels, Richard Krolla and the community at DIY audio.
Cheers

Attachments

• dscn0808.jpg
    dscn0808.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 7,776