Chip Amp Photo Gallery

deja vu: to you too!
You won't catch me falling for that one!
Black wire is not connected and is waiting to be connected to 0v for the DSP.

PLEASE! its not finished.....

Ok a few more pics of the front panel and the 0v bus-bar. This bus-bar is earthed via an "earth loop isolator".
The previously mentioned black wire is now connected!

The small board is the +12v regulator for the DSP board.

Frank

Attachments

• front_panel.jpg
    front_panel.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 2,360
  • 0vBus-12vreg2.jpg
    0vBus-12vreg2.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2,337
Last edited:
The black wire connects DSP ground to chassis ground via the toroid securing bolt !!!!!!!!!! or not?
I think he's saying it's now connected ELSEWHERE. Careful observation of the pic shows the black wire dangling, just like the other three unconnected wires hovering over the toroid.

I also at first thought it was connected to that bolt. At first glance it sure looks like it is. It's rather funny how fast people jump on a poster when the "problem" is actually an unfortunate positioning of a dangling wire in a photograph. :D

Last edited:
Big Boss White

Hi Guys, here's a picture of Big Boss White, my 50 Watt subwoofer amp, built in the heat sink/cabinet of a blown Boss car stereo amp that my Adult Kiddo Son found outside in 2002. It uses a Logitech 160 VA toroid, a 25A bridge, 2 X 22,000uf, 2 LM3886 power amps in parallel, and a preamp with adjustable crossover frequency and subsonic filtering. It drives a corner-loaded 10" woofer in my bedroom walk-in closet and sounds far more powerful than its meager power. I built it so I could delete my power gobbling passive subwoofer crossover. The 12db attenuation of satellite speakers to bring up bass in the subwoofer was more of a power demand than my Technics SA350 could supply when playing records!

Attachments

• S woof amp DIY audio.jpg
    S woof amp DIY audio.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 1,860
  • S woof 1 bottom panel.jpg
    S woof 1 bottom panel.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,731
  • S woof amp preamp 4 done.jpg
    S woof amp preamp 4 done.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 1,620
MyRef RevC

Hi,
My MyRef RevC is almost complete.Volume control & source selector is Vicol Audio R2R and VU meters are from old Sansui cassette deck.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 827
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 762
  • Image2.gif
    Image2.gif
    188.5 KB · Views: 805
  • Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    190.3 KB · Views: 672
I have tried all audio signals to be as short as possible. No hum, no buzz, but I have a problem with volume control. 0-31 is pretty quiet and without change in volume, then at 32 to become louder and continue normally increases the volume to 63. Is the problem in placing the R2R resistor or something connected wrong? Sorry for bad English, I use Google translator.

Started a pair of LM3886 monoblocks months ago, after many happy years spent playing with class-D, only just got the first of the pair built to an operational state today. Can't really do any proper listening until I've built the second one, but on its own through one speaker it sounds pretty good - in particular there's less hiss than any other amplifier I've owned. Apologies for bad cellphone photo.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.