Chip Amp Photo Gallery

First Pics of my amp.

LM 3875 Peter Daniels kit. Excellent service i must say Peter Thanks.

One Off project.
"Flying" boards and heat sinks.
Virtually noiseless
22v rails 160va true sansui center tap
v. happy.....

More pics and full diary soon if anyones curious

Attachments

• P1010788.jpg
    P1010788.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 2,369
  • Image0116.jpg
    Image0116.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 2,269
If you look closely, you may notice there is a hole drilled just right of center in the front panel. I had planned on a volume knob/POT arrangement there. Now, I'm thinking of just keeping it as a fixed pwr amp.
If so, I'll put an indicator light of some sort there. I'm thinking of two ideas:

* make it a blue LED that slowly "breathes" in intensity
* make it an energy indicator ... intensity varies with music volume ... maybe 1/2 second time constant

Anything to make it more interesting than a dull light!
: )

If you look closely, you may notice there is a hole drilled just right of center in the front panel. I had planned on a volume knob/POT arrangement there. Now, I'm thinking of just keeping it as a fixed pwr amp.
If so, I'll put an indicator light of some sort there. I'm thinking of two ideas:

* make it a blue LED that slowly "breathes" in intensity
* make it an energy indicator ... intensity varies with music volume ... maybe 1/2 second time constant

Anything to make it more interesting than a dull light!
: )

If you do either of these please post us a little link to how you did it. Sounds way more fun than my blue light.

My 2x3886 build: solid walnut side, solid cherry face, curly cherry veneer top:

Why did my first build look like crap (or more accurately, it reassembled an octopus with legs made from wires) and other's firsts look like commercial high-end amps made by major audio corporations?

My very congratulations to you, this may be your first audio gear but not your first build of all!

BTW, for the frontal display, I am planning in attaching some sort of probe to actually see the consumed power in watts. Applied to the MyRef_C amplifier, my idea is to attach some kind of voltmeter to the 0,47r output resistor. Then taking the read value value to a microcontroller that using Ohms law performs a the simple operation that outputs the consumed wattage, and then sending it to a LED display.
It seems simple even for me that haven't programmed an IC yet. Have to ask my chippy friends about this...

Has anyone mad anything similar?

Regards,
Regi