Chip Amp Photo Gallery

my first gainclone (99%)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diy2009-01.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

diy2009-02.jpg

diy2009-03.jpg

my speaker powered by GC :

please give me advice, thx

Beftus said:

And rightly so, looks good Ray! Any chance of seeing nudie pics of the inside?
You can't really see it well (REALLY need to invest in a camera) but the chips are held to the heat-chunk by a 2x4.5cm bit of 1/4" aluminium. The Strip pins down the tabs on the chips and is itself held by that single screw you can see in the centre there. Just pressure holding the chips down.

sneih: " ... please give me advice, thx "

Looks real good! How does it sound??

(My only advise would be to be sure to glue all that tin foil down ... scrape of metal foil floating around and inside with the circuits might be a real problem.)

You might try to find one of these EMI power line filters if you are getting noise from the outside world ...

:smash:

FastEddy said:
sneih: " ... please give me advice, thx "

Looks real good! How does it sound??

(My only advise would be to be sure to glue all that tin foil down ... scrape of metal foil floating around and inside with the circuits might be a real problem.)

You might try to find one of these EMI power line filters if you are getting noise from the outside world ...

:smash:

thanks bro, i will try it!!

ide2003 said:

audio1s, like the bamboo sides, very nicely done !!

Pak sneih..loves the little green Alps, couldn't wait to hear your amp

Regards
TPS
hmmm i don't know what sounds like cause i never compare with other brand...
but GC with kadannu (91DB) speaker is good...
bass deep!!
sorry i m nubie for listening sound n detail :D
so cant inform abaut that sound... :D