Chip Amp Photo Gallery

my Duals

here is my dual lm1875 and dual lm3886 pcbs
designd the pcb with proteus lite
gonna use them for a bi-amping project im busy with:)

Attachments

• dual_gain_clones.jpg
    dual_gain_clones.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,428
This is my new gainclone. Rather low diy-factor since I purchased most of the parts on ebay.

Chipamp kit with power supply - ebay
Loudspeaker protection (modded and used as buffer power on delay) - ebay
Softstart - ebay
Tube Buffer - ebay
Ground loop breaker circuit - diy
Case - diy

It sounds very good and soon I will try it with some higher class speakers.
The hum was terrible before I installed the ground loop breaker circuit. Now there is no hum at all.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for your comments!

FastEddy said:
"Tube Buffer" ... That's a tube pre-amp, right?

Mighty mighty nice ... :smash:

I think you should define it as a buffer since it's unity gain but i'm not sure about the definitions.

The corners are made from profiles I found in a pile of junk.

The buffer is a Musical Fidelity X-10D clone sold by diygene at ebay.

There will hopefully be two big analog vu-meters on the front but I have not yet found any proper ones.

1875 chipamp strongbox

Just finished building the LM1875 kit form chipamp.com. Originally bought a 25-0-25 Toroidal, but decided that was way too large for what I wanted to do with this (ipod dock). I ended up using a Radia Shack 24ct .45amp which seems to work fine. The heatsink is small (salvaged from a dead computer power supply) so the thing gets a little warm but not too hot to hold.

It's my first gainclone. I definitely enjoyed building it and it sounds fine. I don't think I have the star grounding set up ideally (really only has a PSU star), but there's no hiss or hum and I'm quite content with it for now. My speakers are weak, so I don't think I can grade the sound quality until I fix that.

Anyway here are a few photos. The case was something my Dad probably picked up in the 40's, he kept papers in it and I think it goes a little beyond retro - maybe a pirate's amp.

Steve
arrrrghhhh!

Here are some photo's:

LM1875%20chipamp%20-%20front.jpg

LM1875%20chipamp%20-%20case.jpg

LM1875%20chipamp%20-%20inside3.jpg

LM1875%20chipamp%20-%20boards.jpg

LM1875%20chipamp%20-%20back%20panel.jpg