Joined 2004
Paid Member
heatsink enclosure for 3886 RefC

Attachments

• refc_1000x750.jpg
    refc_1000x750.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17,797
CMoy Headphone Amplifier

Attached is my latest project. A CMoy headphone amplifier. It uses the OPA2132PA opamp.

On the success of this project, I want to try a desktop unit with volume control, bigger input caps, regulated power supply and bypass caps on the chip.

There are a couple more pictures and details at my website.

Overall, the CMoy performs well and it increases listening pleasure with a good set of headphones.

Cheers,
Gio.

Attachments

• cmoy-03.jpg
    cmoy-03.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15,179
Malotron said:
Looks better covered up...

-Mal

Nice looking design, if you took those two aluminum profiles, stacked them end to end, and offset them by 12.25° it would be the profile of the patronis towers in singapore. wow, definately not an architecture student here~ :whazzat:

Can't wait to post my GC amp, ordering the PCBs tommorrow and doing my parts-sourcing this weekend, I finally get to use this pair of 22,000uF caps I've had sitting on my bech for 3 years YAY

-cheers,
Daniel

Rebuilt LM4780

Well after cooking the first set of chips my first Lm4780 is up and running.
This has been a long process(1 year) since I first ordered the chips from National.
This one sounds way more dynamic if i could use that term without getting too airy fairy. I think this has to do with the power supply, as this one was built with a dual mono and it is a parallel design. I used two 300va trannies and four bridge rectifiers.
I think this made all the difference, more power;)
Anyway its not perfect, as there are a few things I'm still sorting(tweaking) as you do..............

Attachments

• running in.jpg
    running in.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 14,605