Output Interface: Speaker Output L/R
Dual LED (Red/Blue) status indicator
30mm Aluminum volume knob

Attachments

• dsc001.jpg
    dsc001.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,784
'The Black Beast In A Box'

Here's mine done in only 3 days, I went mad at it wanting to get it done once my friend etched the boards for me. Just about everything is improved compared to my old amp, 2x TDA2005's or something like that. I love the sound so much I'm making another for my Wharedale Diamonds in the Summer.

I know it's not perfect - I'll work on the switch, but do bear in mind, I'm only 17 and designed it all myself with pretty poor tools - hand drills with blunt drills! etc, I don't quite think the pictures do it justice.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks :) It only cost me £5 too, I salvaged some nice Elna caps from something else, along with the stereo pot and heatsink cut in half - it was on long strip.

I noticed a very very faint 50hz hum from the speaker - only audable when pressing my ear right against the cone which remains with no input connected to the amp - anyone else have this problem? The hiss level is also just audable in silence around 30cm away at 1/4 volume, presumably this is around normal level for the chip?

Yeah, not the norm I know but they were on offer along with some fully screened gold plugs, plus they match nicely and are perfectly capable.

The switch is useless at the moment too... I didn't think when I put it in that this was a duel rail design, so I'm thinking a small DPDT Relay with the coil energised from the single switch of a DC rail should work ok.