Chip Amp Photo Gallery

The cheap TDA1519AQ made from the junkdrawer

OK, here is the final rendition of my first chip-amp....made from scraps.

--------------------------------------------------------Rick........

Attachments

• DSC04747.jpg
    DSC04747.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 1,901
  • DSC04702.jpg
    DSC04702.jpg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 1,875
I haven't posted here for quite a while. Just completed a 'scrapheap challenge' gainclone power amp using 2 SMPS in series for a power supply (the white/alu thing) and 2 LM3875 chips in the gainclone itself (the green rat's nest). They are fed by a DCB1 buffer/preamp (the thing under a clear acrylic cover) with an external 'swappable' volume control (the thing with a pot on a stick)!

sOIV2P4h.jpg

SJRC8RMh.jpg

Kp5tuWUh.jpg

Last edited:
First attempt at a Gainclone.

Uses the Audiosector LM3875 kit, a scrap bit of MDF, an upturned pine tray and old aluminium channel. Incorporates a Raspberry Pi and PiDAC from IQAudio.com together with a cheap DAC from eBay with a TosLink to bring audio in from my TV.

Just a prototype really but delighted with the sound.

Attachments

• 20160423_124320.jpg
    20160423_124320.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 20160421_112436.jpg
    20160421_112436.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 20160428_163446.jpg
    20160428_163446.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 1,394
  • 20160428_173606.jpg
    20160428_173606.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 1,340
What is the advantage with a zero.

The pi zero is a cut down version of the pi. Half the size yet more powerful than the original pi it is ideal for embedded projects or, in my case headless music player. The zero itself costs the grand sum of £4 though one must add on to that the cost of psu, wifi etc. Still significantly cheaper than its big brother which I'll be able to repurpose for something else.

Unfortunately the zero has proved to be very popular since its release which makes it hard to get hold of at the moment.

The pi zero is a cut down version of the pi. Half the size yet more powerful than the original pi it is ideal for embedded projects or, in my case headless music player. The zero itself costs the grand sum of £4 though one must add on to that the cost of psu, wifi etc. Still significantly cheaper than its big brother which I'll be able to repurpose for something else.

Unfortunately the zero has proved to be very popular since its release which makes it hard to get hold of at the moment.
I just picked up 2 Pi Zeros yesterday at Micro Center in the US. I did pay more for them in a starter kit, but they were still only $20 with a nice wall-wart, and cables. That was 1/3 off the normal price. I'm planning an integrated amp/streaming device with a 5" touch screen. To include; remote source selection, volume, streaming and bluetooth connectivity along with normal digital and analog inputs.

I'm planning an integrated amp/streaming device with a 5" touch screen. To include; remote source selection, volume, streaming and bluetooth connectivity along with normal digital and analog inputs.

Hi redjr,
This project is very interesting for me since I was looking for such a device for a long time. For the time being I am using a Chinese media player as a source but quality is not satisfying. Unfortunately I am not an expert in the field and can hardly manage to build it myself but can try to follow your project if you share the experience.
Otherwise I have a standalone heavy modded DAC based on TDA 1541 A, tube preamp and three power amps driving six speakers.
Please comment,
Thanks