Chip Amp Photo Gallery

My contribution is cheap and simple, quick & dirty.
TDA8251AH (super-cheap at Goldmine Electronics)
Self-made PCB (described here)
Radio Shack #2160124 enclosure ($3.49 shipped, on ebay)

The connectors and potentiometer were already in my at-home inventory. RCA for speaker output is bad form ... if I do another in this enclosure, then I will put proper connectors on the long end.

Attachments

• 2013-06-16 12.55.58.jpg
    2013-06-16 12.55.58.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 1,799
  • 2013-06-16 13.02.03.jpg
    2013-06-16 13.02.03.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 1,723
  • 2013-06-16 13.02.45.jpg
    2013-06-16 13.02.45.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 1,624
An other LME49811 + mosfets

GX2ss_img.jpg

Frontpanel: Plexiglass, black painted from behind, blue led does not penetrate the glass. Plexi glued to a aluminium frame with alu-glue (Bison).
Sides: Oak.
Top: Iron sheet covered with a carbonfibre layer, polished.

Internals:
Again one of my LME49811 driving 2SJ200 + 2SK1529 implementation...
Powersupply, IR2153 driving IKP10n60p IGBTs, half bridge...
ETD34 core
About 400W, efficiency not measured, voltage +/- 63v.

An interesting active virtualground with TL081 control + stupidly ridiculously large capacitor bank...

Temperature controlled forced air cooling, 4x 40mm fans.

Will post internals as soon as I get tired to listening it... May take some time though... BEST OF MY AMPLIFIERS EVER!!!!

Frontpanel: Plexiglass, black painted from behind, blue led does not penetrate the glass. Plexi glued to a aluminium frame with alu-glue (Bison).
Sides: Oak.
Top: Iron sheet covered with a carbonfibre layer, polished.

Internals:
Again one of my LME49811 driving 2SJ200 + 2SK1529 implementation...
Powersupply, IR2153 driving IKP10n60p IGBTs, half bridge...
ETD34 core
About 400W, efficiency not measured, voltage +/- 63v.

An interesting active virtualground with TL081 control + stupidly ridiculously large capacitor bank...

Temperature controlled forced air cooling, 4x 40mm fans.

Will post internals as soon as I get tired to listening it... May take some time though... BEST OF MY AMPLIFIERS EVER!!!!

Very nice....but...... we need to see the inside!:D

Hi guys, this is still a work in progress. ( i posted it in solid state by accident)
Its a 5.1 amp system, 5 LM3875T modules for my satellite speakers, and a 250 watt class D module for the subwoofer.
The entire system will soon be controller with an arduino to control speaker protecting, and power saving.
Ampduino!

Ignore that little module in the middle cable tied to the speaker lines, its a temporary 12 volt PSU to get it running for testing.

I still have to mount the power control system, soft start, speaker protection system, and on/off switch.
Oh and snubber caps on the rectifier bridges.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you are in Vic. I have someone to help you.

Brisbane sorry, but thanks for the offer!

I have eyed of these 3 inch drivers at jaycar...
Shielded 3" 15W 8-Ohm Full Range Speaker - Jaycar Electronics

They come with full T/S params, but of the few speaker design programs on the internet i have found, one came out at negative 2.6 litres.. the other one came out at over 146 litres... im confused!

There doesnt seem to be many topics on diyaudio for computer satellite speakers, they need to be small, and not a huge bass response because i have a sub to take care of that.
I just want accuracy for positional audio in games. At the moment im using sony xplode 4 inch car speakers with a coaxial mylar tweeter.

Last edited:
Brisbane sorry, but thanks for the offer!

I have eyed of these 3 inch drivers at jaycar...
Shielded 3" 15W 8-Ohm Full Range Speaker - Jaycar Electronics

They come with full T/S params, but of the few speaker design programs on the internet i have found, one came out at negative 2.6 litres.. the other one came out at over 146 litres... im confused!

There doesnt seem to be many topics on diyaudio for computer satellite speakers, they need to be small, and not a huge bass response because i have a sub to take care of that.
I just want accuracy for positional audio in games. At the moment im using sony xplode 4 inch car speakers with a coaxial mylar tweeter.
I just built a extremely good sounding 2-way from 5" Jaycar drivers and their $10 silk dome in a 12Lt box. The speakers sound absolutely excellent. But my suggestion now would be the 6.5" woofer and silk dome in a 15Lt box.