Chip Amp Photo Gallery - Page 120 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th July 2009, 04:39 PM   #1191
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gychang
mrsbadcrumble, where did u get the extension bars for the knobs?. I need web site in USA...

gychang

If you are willing to buy from China (I can understand a South Korean not wanting to) I purchased mine from VT4C Studio. Good prices and very fast shipping.

Martin
Old 29th July 2009, 06:02 PM   #1192
t68kv is offline t68kv  Philippines
diyAudio Member

chief ryan why not use your lm chips for front or stereo music then used transistor type circuits for backup subs

Ive got bargain china mosfet amps, at raon
Its very cheap but no warranty, i gamble the rest of my money for that old stock looking "no warranty" china mosfet amp. I tested it at home a poof, it drives my two 8inch subwoofer at exact driving volume i think. I go back to the store and i get all the remaining circuits "lolols"
Old 31st July 2009, 04:56 PM   #1193
ryan750 is offline ryan750  Philippines
diyAudio Member

chief t68kv!!!! are you a mamber of pinoydvd??

we'll you're right, heatsinks are a bit expensive here in manila, room temps are a little high also here,

i'm pretty conternted with the result of my diy sub and amp
here's the sub in action,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3WLpLiDuE

i'll build another stereo lm3886 for my fronts,

@ t68kv
btw, in what store in raon did you bought your china mosfet amp??

fyi, i've found a store near ongpin that sell some scrap heatsinks for 200php they are pretty large but have some odd shapes,

i'm also thingking about buying a surplus amp at pier,
Old 31st July 2009, 06:20 PM   #1194
diyAudio Member

May i ask you sir what's your room temperature at your hometown. thanks

One reason why ryan use fan, is because we could not find a better heatsink here unless ordered it online which will be better to buy a OLD model kenwood av receiver here, because of the price and the tax. 2nd is the room temperature, actually the one i posted uses smaller heatsink to what ryan posted but the same type "because i need the lm4780 to be compact. The circuit actually good when our room temp is at 29c below, but when it return to normal 32c up, you cannot use it at higher volume without the fan .

Well, I live in New York! Here the temp in Summer is from 80/98
But, I do not see it how it will get hot unless I put it in the oven hehehehe
There is always a DIY staff lol. You can build your own heat sink from copper or aluminum or you can visit a local electronic shop and ask for an used heat sink.
Old 1st August 2009, 01:12 PM   #1195
diyAudio Member

Quote:
There is always a DIY staff lol. You can build your own heat sink from copper or aluminum or you can visit a local electronic shop and ask for an used heat sink.
This is what we always do "luck or extra cash"
Heatsink on our local elecshop is very thin, usually good heatsink is also came from junk amplifiers, if your lucky enough to get some

Still
Fanless is better, no need for extra supply or regulator just to run the fans

Well room temp affects greatly on the amplifier case. My kenwood AV R will get very hot at 32c up temperatures compare with 28c below temps.

I might come to china for some cheap alum case haha
Old 1st August 2009, 01:12 PM   #1196
diyAudio Member

@ chief ryan

i bought it at electronics shop at left front of deeco "deeco near at alexan", check it out, last time i check it they don't have it on their display.

But if you want just pm me, i used the two circuit while i never know where to use the one left hehe.

Bass I Love You! is the one of the best test song to see subwoofer's maximum excursion.

BTW, My clips on my 8inch sub.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6N6YnRIE0
Old 9th August 2009, 10:19 PM   #1197
marckus is offline marckus  Romania
diyAudio Member

Finaly finished my litle gain-clone project.It is a stereo setup with 1 lm3886 per chanel. My goal was to make it as small as possible and as simple as possible while having a built in transformer. The simple part i think i got right, beeing that i did not put in even a power switch . The pcb-s for the project are based on the ones made by BrianGT(thank you). The case I built is 21 cm(W) x 16 cm( L) x 4.6 cm(H). Its made from aluminium. Regardind the sound....like all gain-clones I believe...excellent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gainclone.jpg (56.6 KB, 2045 views)
Old 10th August 2009, 08:45 AM   #1198
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by marckus
Finaly finished my litle gain-clone project.It is a stereo setup with 1 lm3886 per chanel. My goal was to make it as small as possible and as simple as possible while having a built in transformer. The simple part i think i got right, beeing that i did not put in even a power switch . The pcb-s for the project are based on the ones made by BrianGT(thank you). The case I built is 21 cm(W) x 16 cm( L) x 4.6 cm(H). Its made from aluminium. Regardind the sound....like all gain-clones I believe...excellent.
Do you have pictures of the inside of this please?... it looks very very good on the outside!
Old 10th August 2009, 02:17 PM   #1199
marckus is offline marckus  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by deadhead

Do you have pictures of the inside of this please?... it looks very very good on the outside!

Thank you! Here are some pictures of the interior.
The transformer is a bit on the small side (120VA) but it does it's job. The heat sink is kind of small...it does get quite hot when i turn up the volume ...about 60-70 degrese C , but the case takes away some of the heat. Considering that the lm3886 has thermal protection i'm not worried.
The front part of the case is made from a piece of thin(but very nicely machined ) aluminium about 0.5 mm thick epoxied to another thicker piece of aluminium.
I'm planning on adding a litle LED on the front somewhere, so i do not forget it turned on, and possibly a power switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gainclone int.jpg (94.2 KB, 2020 views)
Old 10th August 2009, 02:52 PM   #1200
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Etched your own boards! Nice
Uriah

Hide this!Advertise here!