Chip Amp Photo Gallery

I couldn't resist posting a link to a very nice DIY amp I found on the internet. It is a cMoy headphone amp (it uses an OpAmp, so does it count as a chipamp?) Anyway, take a look at this, it is very unique.

This amp is nothing to do with me, I just wanted to share someones amazing work:

Run Away Brainz: Audio: Crystal cMoy Freeform Headphone Amp

:)

Glad you like the amp portreathbeach I was surprised to see my Cystal cMoy linked in here as its one of the threads I follow regularly after building my Audio Sector Gainclone kit.

I just fancied making something a bit different ,ive had some really great responses from the article and the trolling has been minimal :rolleyes:

Regarding the catalyst I noted in the article that I should have used less probably the minimum of 1% but it was the first time I had cast something in resin apart from a quick test which was actually cooler when curing.Its pretty difficult to measure out such small amounts of catalyst required even with a syringe maybe I used more than intended.

Best Regards

Rupert

I couldn't resist posting a link to a very nice DIY amp I found on the internet. It is a cMoy headphone amp (it uses an OpAmp, so does it count as a chipamp?) Anyway, take a look at this, it is very unique.

This amp is nothing to do with me, I just wanted to share someones amazing work:

Run Away Brainz: Audio: Crystal cMoy Freeform Headphone Amp

:)
I'll protect my secret and valuable design by putting the circuitry in potting compound!
the sound must be transparent.
I see a new brand name - Naked Audio!

the sound must be transparent.

I am sure if "Monster" had made this "Transparent Sound" would be at the top of their marketing Andrew :D

"the emperor's new enclosure"

(hopefully not too obscure of a reference) ;)

Love your work with the Arduino BTW Linuxworks

And here is the emperor before and after his new clothes :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(The Sockets are reversed in the above picture because the image was mirrored)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
I said this in another forum that your project appeared in: if it was mine, I would have gone to great lengths to ensure that its reverse voltage protected, over voltage protected and input/output protected as well. I think outputs are fairly protected on modern op-amps but they don't do well with reverse polarity or over-voltage. an onboard regulator or some circuit that shuts down on 'bad things' would have been a good idea.

it looks like a LOT of work to fabricate; and powering it on by mistake the wrong way would really ruin my year (lol).

Hi Koogar. I am building a cMoy headphone amp with bass boost into an old iPod 40gb case. I came across your headphone amp in my search for schematics etc. and I couldn't help but share it with the people of this forum.

I think that the size, shape and colour are perfect. It's different to anything else I have seen. It is good to find something done differently.