Chip Amp Photo Gallery

Very good. Needs running in, if you believe all that malarkey:D

Turns out the speaker protection and overload doodah has some kind of fault (well it was from ebay!) although Tubeshunters stuff is normally ok. It has a habit of making a brown trouser inducing noise through the right channel before it goes into "protection mode" and the relays do their stuff. It sounds as though it is ripping the cone apart.....nice!

So it is out of circuit at the mo. Nicholas bought it for me for Xmas:santa:. Of course there was no information sheet with it, but there is a schematic on the ebay listing. I will need to take my clever pills to see if helps at all:joker:

Last edited:
Here is a LM3875 based amp I just completed. The two amps boards came from eBayer audiosector in NJ, a very good quality kit.

Attachments

• img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,819
  • img4.jpg
    img4.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,800
  • img6.jpg
    img6.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,809
  • img7.jpg
    img7.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • img8.jpg
    img8.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1,641
Last edited:
Clean assembly Whaleman - where did you get the enclosure? :up:
Thanks, the case is from Par-Metal like someone said.

whaleman...where did you get the heat sink???

Thanks,

That heat sink I think came from an Onkyo receiver I junked for parts.

Very nice job whaleman ! I like those big input caps, I did it the same way but using Sonicap. I would use bigger caps for power supply at least 4.700uf 105c X 3 on each rail.

Yes, agree. Those used to be 10,000, but turned out to be fake Nippon Chemi-con, so I tore them all out and had those 2200 uF laying around. Do you think I will hear a difference with bigger caps?

Hi Waleman,m
Your LM3875 doesn't look anything like the one from Audio Sector and he is from Canada, not NJ. Are you sure you are quoting the right board from the right Vendor?

Regards

No, do not think is the man from Canada that posts around here, unfortunately...but he is eBayer audiosector in NJ, at least that is what is claimed.

I think there is another guy on ebay with that name. I bought some 'cheap' PGA chips from an audiosector ebay seller and I'm pretty sure its not 'our' audiosector guy from canada (peter).

These boards were quite nice, gold plated I think. But not the same person.

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Your LM3875 doesn't look anything like the one from Audio Sector and he is from Canada, not NJ. Are you sure you are quoting the right board from the right Vendor?

Here is a LM3875 based amp I just completed. The two amps boards came from eBayer audiosector in NJ

Looks like he already answered that in the beginning.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Audiosector LM3875, Antek 300va 22v+22v transformer, Par-Metal 12x12x4" chassis.

It's built exactly like the schematic right now, The case is kinda big so I have room to play with PSU configurations. There is no doubt I need to get a prettier power switch...

Initial impressions are very favorable! :) :)

DSCF0381.jpg

DSCF0384.jpg

DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

Once it's all done in it's final configuration I will do a build thread.

Audiosector LM3875, Antek 300va 22v+22v transformer, Par-Metal 12x12x4" chassis.

It's built exactly like the schematic right now, The case is kinda big so I have room to play with PSU configurations. There is no doubt I need to get a prettier power switch...

Initial impressions are very favorable! :) :)
Once it's all done in it's final configuration I will do a build thread.

Very nice! I recognize that case. Here is a nicer neon lit power switch:

SPST Round Rocker Switch w/Red Illumination 125VAC 060-716