ILP Amplifier Modules

ILP were first class engineers greatly held back by the format. Impossible to adjust. No breathing room for the capacitors. Apart from that very nicely thought out with a beautiful extrusion. Not cheap to do. Myself I would have made them AC coupled with external capacitor. A no-no for marketing. They easily could meet output on music. They couldn't if driving a constant load. That isn't rare.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• ILP-nostock-42.gif
    ILP-nostock-42.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 177
I purchased a pair of ILP MOS248s, in London, in the early to mid 80s. I never had time to build a power amp until full retirement and Covid-19 isolation afforded me that time. I made the enclosure from aluminum laminated building cladding. The toroidal transformer and Sprague 10,000uf filter caps were also purchased from Henrys Electronics Ltd.
The end product turned out better than I expected. In my 72 years of owning, Sherwood, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Marantz, SAE, Carver consumer audio gear, I am blown away by its sonic quality. I have played it thru my AR-3As and my Klipsch Chorus IIs. The MOSFET output drives them to produce powerful bass, clear midrange and crisp highs.

Attachments

• ILP internal.jpg
    ILP internal.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 97
  • ILP left side open.jpg
    ILP left side open.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 97
  • ILP rear.jpg
    ILP rear.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 87
  • ILP side.jpg
    ILP side.jpg