Some questions froma super-newbie: charlize and monica2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi folks,

so, i have little to no experience with doing my own amp work. i can build reasonably nice sounding single-driver speakers, though, so i have a couple nice tqwp tangbands that sound great. now i've ditched my transistor amp, and i just bought a pioneer 588a multi-format player. here are some questions:

i want to use yeo's charlize for the amp, which presents no problems for me.
however, i also want to use the monica2 dac, and my question is this:
the pioneer, i think, puts out pcm signals higher than 44.1khz for sacd and dvd-a. if this is the case, can the dac in monica handle this, or will i get static? or, does the pioneer NOT send anything higher than 44.1 out the s/pdif connector? if it does, i want to make sure i can still use monica, and she won't puke when i put in an sacd.

second, will one 3-12v (variable) 2amp power supply power both of them?

third, how the devil do i actually BUY the things? i emailed yeo, but that's the only means i can see to order them. am i missing something?

thanks in advance,

EE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.