Great deal on Heat Sinks!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jackinnj said:

Perhaps for +/- 28VDC, not +/- 35 VDC -- at least with the LM3886 -- take a look at the specification sheet.

I was thinking of making a 3886 sandwich. The holes in the heat sinks look symmetrical, so two of them could be bolted together around a chipamp device. It's worth a try...

If they're not symmetrical... then I will get out the drill.

davidlzimmer said:
"Thermal impedance would appear to be ~5 C/W"

jackinnj,

Is that Good? I'm cluless on that stuff. How do they rank. Planing to use 1 each on LM4780 project.

think of thermal impedance as the "resistance" of heat transfer from the device to the air -- so a lower number is better. you can find how "low" a resistance is required from National's website, or the product folder for the LM4780 or LM3886 -- the amount of power which is dissipated as heat is the problem that the heatsink has to confront.

i have LM4780's -- two devices in bridge configuration-- two heatsinks -- made a tunnel out of a pair of heatsinks -- a small computer fan with reduced voltage draws some air across the heatsinks -- i can run a pair of them full tilt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.