Car audio amp, LOUD buzz. what is wrong? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2006, 07:28 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to silentblackhat
Default Car audio amp, LOUD buzz. what is wrong?

I have an Alpine MRV-T320 amp for my front speakers. i took the amp out to put some fiberglass enclosures i made im my trunk and then i hooked the amp up again. this time it powers on but makes this loud buzzing sound on both speakers(its a 2 ch. amp), even with the RCAs disconnected and the gain all the way down on the amp. it sounds like that buzz sound when someone plugs/unplugs aa guitar from/to an amp without powering it off first. except that sound is constant.

any help is appreciated
Old 11th April 2006, 06:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Is the truck running or not? If running, it sounds like it could be alternator noise induced on the power lines. Check and recheck all your power and GROUND cables to the amp.

I hope this was helpful.

David
Old 12th April 2006, 06:49 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to silentblackhat
it was both running and not running. i knew it wasnt the altenator noise at all. I took it apart, took the circuit board out and cleaned it off, there was a lot of dust and other junk on it. powered it on and it worked ok. i should have done that b4 i posted tho. im guessing something inside was shorting something to make that noise.

Hide this!Advertise here!