speakers for lm3875

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anyone know where i can get a single 8 ohm speaker to test one channel of my lm3875 amp? All the ones i looked at are too expensive, I just need something for testing/demonstration purposes.

Oh by the way, quick question about my transformer, mine has 4 primary leads..do I tie the 0's together and the 115's together?

thanks

Ali B.

alizawi said:
anyone know where i can get a single 8 ohm speaker to test one channel of my lm3875 amp? All the ones i looked at are too expensive, I just need something for testing/demonstration purposes.

Personally, I wouldn't even use a new $20 driver to test an amp I had just put together. I would just use something old I had on hand. If you don't have anything like that, just vist your closest thrift store.

Man, even a cheap car speaker will do, the one I use for testing is so old, its got tears in, its still good enough to tell me the amp can run for an hour or two, without being dangerous.

I have even seen newly completed things work for a while and then go nuclear... because I forgot to put a heatsink back...
A quick test and swap over to the big speakers would have been a dissaster.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.