NICHICON ST (Super Through) CAPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought 4 10,000uf Nichicon ST(Super Through) caps to use with my completed 2 channel LM4780 amp. I will be using these to replace the supplied 1500uf Panasonic caps supplied in Peter's kit.

Actually, I have currently upgraded the caps to the Nichicon 4700uf caps, but I was SO impressed, I decided to experiment further with Nichicons premier caps.

Does anyone have experiance with the ST's or opinions about what I may find when I make the switch??
Either on the ST or the uf rating!

Thanks,
Dominick

PS- I got the caps from Percy Audio.

ST caps

A capacitor serves two purposes in a power supply, supply storage/ smooth AC ripple and block high AC frequencys. A snubber will stiffen the upper frequency rejection, Oh and by the way snubbers have been used for about 50 years, there nothing new.
A power supply cap is a power supply cap some are faster, some tighter, lower ESR ect... but they still do the same thing, kind of like a garbage can some blue some brown, black or gray, some with lids that latch some that dont, but they all hold garbage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.