BR100 Design Correct?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm pretty new to this stuff. I've been looking at building an GC for awhile now. I'd like to get 100w per channel and i need to drive some 8 ohm speakers, so i figured that the best design for this would be the BR100 presented in AN-1192. Attached is what I think is the correct design for this. It would be greatly appreciated of you guys could look over the schematic.

Additionally I have a few questions.

Capacitors C1, C3, and C5 are all filter caps, is it necessary to include these and what values should they be?

I was planning on using the regulated supply on http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nuukspot/decdun/gainclone6.html
Would this supply be enough for 2 100w channels and what is a safe VA for the transformer to handle this load?

Thank you all for your help!

Attachments

• br100-0.jpg
    br100-0.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 380
quick question i've always wondered.... could the input network be simplified? that is what happens if used 4.7uf followed by 47k to ground, tap there goes to + of non-inverting half, 4.7k resistor on to the - of the inverting half.... any failings with that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.