I want to build a 4.1 system (PLS HELP)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I need some help, beacause I cant figure it out how to separate the bass fron a 4 channel source and the merging the 4 bass signals into one amp for the woofer.

I need a cheap solution, but not the worst stuff for the sound quality.

Attachments

• 4plus1woofer.gif
    4plus1woofer.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 274
Hi,

you cannot connect 4 outputs directly together.

You can connect the 4 inputs to a 4 input mixer, basically an op-amp
that uses shunt feedback with 4 input resistors, the mono out you
can then low pass filter.

You will still need 4 high pass filters.

:)/sreten.

Sorry but I don't need that.

I have a 4 channel source and I want to put a low-pass and a hi-pass active filter on each channel.

Then take the tha signal from the 4 hi-pass filters and use them as an input for the 4 channel TDA amplifier - for the satelites of the audio system.

Then I will have another 4 signals from tha low-pass filters, that I want to mix them and use this signal for a mono amplifier that will drive the woofer.

I don't know how to mix the signals.

{Another question: It is OK to saparate like this:

woofer <400Hz
each satelite >100Hz (the speaker will be a full range, 10cm diameter)}

I have recently completed my 2.1 system with active crossover and digipots, its like this:
stereo inputs goto Priceton Technology PT2388 preset equalizer, after that to PGA2310, then a buffer of OPA627/BUF634, after that two channels goto OPA549 based gainclones, also they goto active crossover 8th order, after that its output if fed to DRV134 and 2 OPA541s, and thats about it.I ll try to upload project details soon for other so that they could use it for themselves.
All u ll need to do is add input for another 2 channels and ur 4.1 will be up and running.

adi81bv said:
Sorry but I don't need that.

I have a 4 channel source and I want to put a low-pass and a hi-pass active filter on each channel.

Then take the tha signal from the 4 hi-pass filters and use them as an input for the 4 channel TDA amplifier - for the satelites of the audio system.

Then I will have another 4 signals from tha low-pass filters, that I want to mix them and use this signal for a mono amplifier that will drive the woofer.

I don't know how to mix the signals.

{Another question: It is OK to saparate like this:

woofer <400Hz
each satelite >100Hz (the speaker will be a full range, 10cm diameter)}

First you need to understand how a 4 channel shunt mixer works.
Find it on the internet.

Your 4 output channels go to the 4 inputs of each high pass filter
and in parallel to that the 4 inputs of the mixer. The output of
the mixer goes to your low pass filter then onto the sub.

(Unless you want different c/o frequencies on each
channel, then you would need 4 low pass filters)

Overlapping (Assymetric) crossovers can work,
depends on the case and the slopes used.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.