Chipamp buffer / filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My efforts in revivng the blown yahama sub continues...
Today I completed the amp part and PSU... it played first time... NO HUM yeay...

I want to type this ten times, but I'll just do it in bold....
MAKE SURE YOUR CIRCUIT IS MECHANICALY SOUND...
I can not believe how much more confident I feel in my latest clone... veroboard and all, it should surfive inside the sub without issues... I was so happy to find just the right size wire yesterday for the job, and had 1 small thin piece to go from the input to the SGS... worked like magic...

I have played with making a basic low pass filter using a 741 opamp... yeh it sounds crude, but I just wanted to check that it works etc. (first timer).

My amp is an Inverted GC (ala Nuuk style), so I need a buffer... I got a spare NE5532, which I played with in the week so can someone just confirm that....;

1) I can use one half of the IC for a buffer and the other half for a filter, asif it is 2 ICs?

2) Could you guys please give my proposed circuit a once over...
The goal is just for it to drive a small sub, if I calculated right, it should cut off at 96Hz

bufvol.gif

I'm sure you guys can help me improve it before I waste more veroboard... the day has been going so well, electronicaly speaking!

Looks pefectly alright to me.
7500 Ohm and 220nF gives -3dB cutoff at 96 Hertz.

In these filters if possible, is good to keep those two resistors
between 4.7-10 kOhm in value, and select those caps to set frequency.
Your 7.5k are just right.

If in case you need, you can put in some little gain in first OP.

Nordic, you are not likely to get many replies
when people cant find anything to critic or complain about.
(put in a couple of bad errors in your circuit, and you'll see what I mean)
:D :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.