350 Studio Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys,

Got my new amp together recently, well sort of an on-going project, as i am improving it as time goes on. I have read that a few ppl have had some trouble with it, which is pretty bad luck, as i'm just a novice and though while testing it, i was crapping myself, i was quietly confident all would be OK.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the modules and my PSU's i made. The 8000uF caps are quite expensive, so i went for the cheaper option of lesser value but more of them. Sure they are big, but so is the power, and i saved about $50.00 on the cap's, and i really wanted them to fit in the space i had and the 8000uF ones were way to big. For those intending to build, you only need one transformer, 500VA to run two power supplies

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here they are wired up, with the small transformer for my pre-amp.

I used a couple of aluminium angles to support the modules off the heatsink. Main reason for this is i didn't want to make another case for this amp, and i am glad eveything fits in.

This is the pre-amp, which uses 5V relays to switch the source input and i found this switch pcb surfing around.

A shot from rear obviously showing inputs and pre-amp out, with headphone out's if required, just have to drill the extra holes. I used an old led fan for cooling and mounting to the rear panel.

I also wanted remote volume (who doesn't...lol). and got this kit.

What amp would be complete without an led meter? Here's mine mounted on old pre-amp mounting bolts with a piece of aluminium angle and some spacers.

Just have to powdercoat front and rear panels and it's all (mostly) done.

I know that there will be a project to go with my pre-amp which allows for remote switching of source, so when that is published i will do it for my unit. I am still using my speaker protector module, same as before.

I am using the 12V regulated to 9V to run a secondary cooling fan under heatsinks, this is making a big difference, as fan was coming on even when nothing was being played. You cannot run these amps without a fan as they just get so hot and you can see the heatsinks aren't exactly small.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Dazza:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.