Noble black potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dsavitsk said:
very good. worth using.

I bought one recently fra a Danish retailer who has some left from a stock that is actually more than 10 years old. So it is NOS, so to speak.
After installing it in a diy preamp it did very well for a month but then it started making scratching noise when turned up/down. What can be the reason for that?

I don't know the pot this discussion is about, but the reason for any pot making scratching noises can be a dust particle that managed to get inside the (possibly not perfectly sealed) pot. Trying to pulverize the particle by turning the pot a hundred times or so sometimes helps. If the reason for the bad contact isn't a dust particle, but some sort of dirt film or corrosion, trying to wipe it off by turning the pot repeatedly might help as well.

I know this thread is old, but still worth trying:

I am searching for the Noble black 10K stereo potentiometer for more than 1 year now. My ancient commercially built ASR Emitter 1+ from the year 1991 uses it, but here in the Netherlands as wel as the bigger online shops don't have this value anymore.

Can someone sell me 1, or does someone know a shop where they have them?

I know this thread is old, but still worth trying:

I am searching for the Noble black 10K stereo potentiometer for more than 1 year now. My ancient commercially built ASR Emitter 1+ from the year 1991 uses it, but here in the Netherlands as wel as the bigger online shops don't have this value anymore.

Can someone sell me 1, or does someone know a shop where they have them?

Michael Percy in the U.S.A. is still listing them on his most recent catalog. Not sure if he ships internationally but it might be worth an e-mail. His website is Michael Percy Audio Ordering Information

Neil

Hi Pocoyo
Hope this could help

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 236
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.