Sony Xplod 740w failure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok heres the deal. I've had this amp hooked into 2 Memphis 10"subs in my blazer for awhile now.. It's worked fantastic. I mean spectacular. And I know the amp is a little under powered for the speakers so i've made sure to keep its power outputs turned low so it doesnt blow. And I've kept that way for around a year now. And have never had any issues.
But here recently I got in my truck went to listen and there was nothing from the rear. When I power up the head unit. I hear a thump from the speakers and thats it. Now there is a overcurrent light on the amp this has never been on before. And its driving me nuts check the all the fuses i have hooked into the system nothing is blown. The grounds are solid and getting good feed when checking with meter.. I've check the RCA's unpluged pluged in. rewired all the all speaker lines.. and still nothing.. Driving me nuts.

btw incase no one noticed the title the amp is a Sony Xplod 740w Dual channel.

Any help at all would be appreciated =) i'm rattling my brains with this..

Ranger1930 said:
I hear a thump from the speakers and thats it. Now there is a overcurrent light on the amp this has never been on before.

Are you sure the speakers are ok?
Have you tried switching on the amp without speakers, to see if that overcurrent light keeps on?
Have you measured the speakers? Do they measure something around 3 ohms?

Ranger1930 said:
btw incase no one noticed the title the amp is a Sony Xplod 740w Dual channel.

Ok, let's say it's 100W RMS. :D

Btw there's a car audio forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.