cant make it work: mauro penasa rev 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi!!! i've made the REV1 and cant find out what is wrong. I'm getting -V at output.

i measured the +v,-v, GND of LM3886 and +v, -v of lm318 and the values are OK.

anyone else had this problem?
here some pics:
(i know it's ugly, it's just a test).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

BrianDonegan said:
My best guesses are:

- A component mounted between the wrong two holes (on both sides)

- A solder bridge jumping tracks (hard to see in pic, but there are several very close tracks on the layout)

- Fried 3886s (less likely I suppose, but possible)

i will check as soon as i can. the first option sounds possible. the first, i checked for jumping tracks, and the third, fried 3886, its possible but they were brand new.

thanks! :rolleyes:

BrianDonegan said:
I have accidently put components between the wrong holes before. I usually print out the component locations, then draw them in by hand before mounting components now (or use toner transfer and print then right in the board). I kind of like the look of the hand-drawn components though.

great idea, i will start doing it!!! i mean to hand-write the component layout.

Ok then I don't feel so anal...

Here is my REV C pic for those who would like it...
Brown parts = PSU
RED = Gain stage
Yellow = Softstart
Blue = amp

Attachments

• topall.jpg
    topall.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 329
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.