Using the same power supply for mini aleph and gainclone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have boards from the BrianGT Mini-Aleph group buy, and I also have a BrianGT kit for a LM4780 gainclone. I am interested in building both amplifiers, and I'm wondering if I can use the Aleph power supply for both amplifiers. I was thinking of building the 34 volt version in an external case (maybe even two cases for complete dual mono power supplies, I have two power supply boards) and am wondering if the two amplifiers could utilize the same supply. This would save me time and effort, and I could concentrate expense and effort into building one really good supply that I could use with both amps instead of building two completely different power supplies.

I am very open to suggestions as I am relative newbie.

Thank you for your time and help.
-Aaron.

As far as the 34 volt supply goes, I guess mini-aleph is a bit of a misnomer. The boards from the group buy can be used to make a number of different iterations of the Aleph, and I have enough to make an Aleph 60, which would need the 34 volt supply. (correct me if I'm wrong)

My question wasn't really about whether or not it would provide enough voltage, but about whether or not the other specs of the supply would mate well with the gainclone. I guess the only way to know is to try. I'm held up a bit by figuring out where I can source parts for a chassis (I'd like to build something like the Patek amp by peter daniels), and building the power supplies. Ambition and interest exceed knowledge and talent as far as building goes. Would be nice for me if everything came in one kit and I could just follow instructions and build.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

-Aaron.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.