wireless speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It depends on what you mean by wireless.

Are you planning on using a battery operated amplifier to eliminate all wires? If so, then fidelity isn't much of a concern and there are a lot of ways to go with FM modulators, boom boxes, and mp3 players.

If you're going to allow wire for AC power, that's another thing entirely. You can get pretty hi-fi that way.

Get yourself a couple wireless squeezeboxes ($500/pair) and an amp and speaker for each. Put your CDs on your HDD in .flac lossless compression format. Install slimserver on the PC and "party on, Garth!" You do need to have a wireless router on your computer for this...
You can use a remote control to select music from your CD collection, and a bunch of internet "radio" feeds (they use lossy compression, but it probably isn't any worse than FM radio, and has a lot better S/N).

I have seen older model turtle-beach wireless media players selling pretty cheaply, recently, so instead of using squeezeboxes, you can hunt down the best deal on a wireless media player and get two.

I_F

Yes I have made wireless DJ sytems using our standard FM transmitter & receiver. If u like FM quality u like this. Anyway I don't anybody can differentiate between good Fm quality and a real Hi-Fi.
I shall post some of mine Wireless speaker models photo 2mrw.

Hi All:

There is another, very simple way...

Most big-box stores sell a wireless A/V Tx/Rx pair that will send your 2-channel audio and 1 composite VIDEO about 100ft. These gizmos sell for around $50. And, they are DIGITAL. Yep! 2.4Ghz public band digital Tx/Rx pair for $50. :D

I bought one about 4 years ago (Sanyo) and use it to send my satellite TV audio signal to my hifi in the next room (for muzak at parties). Fidelity is quite high - way better that a 100mw FM unit, and rock solid (until the wife turns on the Microwave) :xeye:

So, Source -> dTx -> dRx -> powered speakers...

Too simple.

Cheers
Jess

RE:as anyone yet implememented any (midifi) DIY wireless speakers?

Yes.
At work we built a bunch of wireless effects speaker units in two forms. Both designs use the Sennheiser Evolution G2 systems. The transmitters are the square plug in modules for converntional mics and the receivers are the small packs made for video camera mounting.
One series uses a reciever plugged into the battery powered Meyer UPM speakers.
The other series used a class D car amp driving either Control 1's or Meyer MM-4's.
A show that recently closed used a bunch of them for the sound effects of a flying car (hint,hint) and there are several systems running now in various shows on and off broadway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.