Power led?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

First, sorry bad english...:(

I have BrianGT Gainclone premium kit, and that work very good! Sound is beatyful.

I use 18V/200 transform...how i doing "power led" circuit?

I try couple time, but 4-7 day and led broken...:bawling:

I use 10kohm resistor only...

Please help me, and draw circuit, when i dont cant doing wrong...

I connected one this weekend for the first time, just soldered a 1.5k resistor to the one leg on the LED, and then soldered the positive side to the positive pole on a cap in the PSU, and the negative one to the 0V point.

1K is enough for the voltage your trannie does... if its a dual rail supply, if I understand, then there will be 2 x 18V between Ve+ and -, thats why I say connect beteen ground rail and either of the supply rails... with single supply this is not a problem I would venture... not that familiar with brian's circuit anymore

You can connect between one rail and ground, this would lower the wattage required for your resistor (but it's resistance would need reducing), but this injects the LED current into your ground. Not a big issue, but seeing as how most people are claiming massive things with component changes on one then it seems stupid to do something that would be grossly more worse than changing a resistor brand ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.