preamp with LM3886 poweramp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I just recently started getting interested in designing a guitar amp... but as anyone i could use some advice... i'm also wondering about some stuff...

Here's my schematic:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here are my questions:
- since i'm running the preamp section on +/-15V i guess i can't use the polar capacitors? (the ones at the output of the clean channel and at the input of the tone control)

- should i connect the gnd from the input with the gnd from the power supply?

thank you for your help...

Didier

Hey !!

Im about to do the same as you. Im sure gona build a distortion/overdrive pedal and Building my own EQ + Amp would be nice.

Im not any kind of tech about audio electronic so I can't help.

I just want to tell you that Ill follow your project !

Hope to see more !

Hello

well, i discovered that my schematic has some minor errors in it, i will be adjusting and uploading the new schematic tommorrow if i find the time.
prototyping should be done by the end of the week... since i don't have certain parts now.

anyway, you should know this is my first project and it might as well just fail and cost me a lot of money.
on the other hand so far its already a great learning experience, so i expect to even learn more...

great to know there is some interest in my work.

i also posted all of this at arons forum ( http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=39664.0 )

many usefull info can be found there too...

keep on rocking!

Dieter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.