X-Calibre : Hot Rodding Mauro Penasa's LM3886 design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jorge, i got your mail but i have the message still in my drafts box.

for the main caps 10 000 and the 220uf you can use anything above 40V 50 v would be better

the caps 100uf on the supply for th eLM318 you can use 25v and 35-50v for the speaker protection. the 470uf you can use anything above 25v but above 35v would be better

then regarding the group buy

I do not have permission form Mauro yet to make this commercial. but even if i do , i will only do it in the new year. I might even commission somebody to do this seeing that I do not have the time to really persue this to much

If there is anybody out there interrested in creating a group buy please contact me. I will speak to Mauro. but first and formost we have to respect his wishes

rudi said:
Hi Jorge, i got your mail but i have the message still in my drafts box.

for the main caps 10 000 and the 220uf you can use anything above 40V 50 v would be better

the caps 100uf on the supply for th eLM318 you can use 25v and 35-50v for the speaker protection. the 470uf you can use anything above 25v but above 35v would be better

then regarding the group buy

I do not have permission form Mauro yet to make this commercial. but even if i do , i will only do it in the new year. I might even commission somebody to do this seeing that I do not have the time to really persue this to much

If there is anybody out there interrested in creating a group buy please contact me. I will speak to Mauro. but first and formost we have to respect his wishes

Thanks!!!!!!
Jorge

:D

Final PCB

Ok I have been doing some work on this and made some changes. I can't see myself changing more than this,

you still have the option of regulators or just Zeners. i dumped the idea of having both

you have a semi-split ground plane for the Lm3886
and you also have various cap options for the Lm3886 supply and then you can also put a RC filter on the LM318 supply. all caps have been moved closer to the pins and tracks are as short as possible

there is now two LED on the board, speaker on and speaker off

PDF is A4 and the board should measure 175mm x 150mm

Enjoy

Attachments

• x- component.pdf
    70.5 KB · Views: 548
Alternative components

I have allowed for variations as mentioned.

here you can see the zener layout
RC filter caps
various caps sizes for Lm3886
Ref A conversion - you remove all components that says C next to the values
and the 3k3 bias resistor

Attachments

• alt components.png
    alt components.png
    31 KB · Views: 1,321
Dual transformer hook-up

for dual transformers i suggest the following

you should have two transformers with dual secondaries
24-0-24 or 25-0-25, I use 28-0-28 but this is not recommended seeing that it is on the edge of safety.

use one transformer for either negative or just for positive.

hook the one secondary to channel one's possitive side and the other secondary to channel two's possitive input.

do the same for the other transformer and this time hooking it up to the negative of each channel

from the board have a ground wire from each board connecting to the chassis star ground.

Problem on X-copper

I have noticed that C32 were very close to the feedback from the speaker, here is the corrected version. there might be a mistake in production and these two might be bridged. so as precaution i moded it a bit

Attachments

• x- correct copper.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 623
I have a few questions regarding this design:

The BOM calls for 1n4007 and the silkscreen calls 1n4001. In this application, is there a functional (or sonic) difference? Any preference?

Also, the BOM specs a JQX-14fc1-c for the relay. I'm a newbie regarding relays, what equivalent parts would replace this part in form, fit, and function? A Mouser available part would be very helpful.

I hope to upload a BOM soon with Mouser sourced parts for the entire board.

Dave

LM3886 PCB wanted

Dear Nordic,

thanks you for your kind help...but i still not allow to use the e-mail function.
the status as below:

"Sorry but you cannot currently send emails to other members because your account is under moderation. If you are a new user, you will gain full member status after you have made a few posts. "

would you pease give me your direct e-mail address?

thanks,

kenneth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.