DIY Volume Remote Controlled for our GC??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
;) Some people like to use analog volume control. But when we sit far from our system,it's difficult to adjust the right volume with our listening position.So, i think we need to build DIY remote controlled volume for our GC.
So, i think to build this remote controlled volume. Of course we need to use Digital Potentiometer, Transmitter and Receiver Infrared and a Microcontroller as a controller for this digital remote volume control.
Does anyone know how to build that digital remote controlled volume? :smash:

regards
---------
TomZ

Maybe, i will use at89s51 as a controller.:angel:

For 2 channels, you wouldn't need to use a digital potentiometer chip/volume control IC. You could use a motorised potentiometer. All you would have to do is set up a H Bridge to drive the motor (or get an IC to do that). You do however still need a microcontroller for decoding RC5 infrared though.

;) Ok, maybe i should search for H-bridge driver. But i will get a difficult in mechanic construction especially about gear.
I don't know how to build this remote motor for volume.
I know 89s51 languange. it's very easy to drive the motor. but difficult for the Ir transmitter and receiver.
it is a PWM pulse?with a vary duty cycle for each button?

regards
---------
TomZ

Hi dhengkoel!!Can i pm u?
Thx guys. I have a conclude for this problem. It is easier when we build this remote volume using mechanic with a less programming. If i use digital potentiometer we need some a lot of programming.
I have an idea to make this project more easy. How about if we used some branded transmitter like our Tv's remote or Sony's remote control (transmitter).
Each have different pulse width, so we only build receiver and a digital potentiometer using dallas IC's DS18xx.How about that?
Does digital potentiometer give some terrible effect to my GC's?

regards
----------
TomZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.