Is Lowpass filter needed in 6ch amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The LFE channel is already filtered. However, whilst it is fine for movies as the channel is a separate discrete track, it is a bit hit-and-miss if the chosen F3 is suitable for your main speakers integration when listening to stereo music.

I have a switch on my sub for movie and music modes so I can switch a dedicated (my own) filter in for music and out for movies. But this means that I use the LFE signal for movies and use front left and front right signals (mixed) for music, so 3 input leads to the sub.

Thank you, I was wondering about the 2.1(sub with stereo) issue aswell.

What I'm thinking of doing is to control the whole amp with an atmel uC so I'll make it switch over automatically.

Another way would probably be to make the system 5.2 but that's a bit overkill for me for now.

To think, this project started of to learn Microprocessors.

Thank you, I was wondering about the 2.1(sub with stereo) issue aswell.

What I'm thinking of doing is to control the whole amp with an atmel uC so I'll make it switch over automatically.

Another way would probably be to make the system 5.2 but that's a bit overkill for me for now.

To think, this project started of to learn Microprocessors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.