Insulation on LM3875's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
O.k so it looks as though I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy an entire insulation sheet as my cabinets are not made from metal.....$50.00 for a 300ml x 30oml sheet, it doesn't come cheap. Boy so mush for trying to keep the cost down buy only buying the boards from Peter as opposed to the hole kit.

I don't know who your supplier is, but I would have thought that if they sell the full sheets of insulation, they would also do the 'standard' pads. It's the TO-220 type that you should ask for (about 11p each here in the UK). :att'n:

Cheers rampage

I gave that a go but they seemed to be quite broken down over time and just crumbled while trying to get them off. I thingk i will just order the set for the TO-220 that Nuuk suggested.

By the way, this is off the subject, but i have some 6mm perspex if anyone is interested. I managed to scab about $2000 worth of the stuff. They are in 250-300mm x 2m lengths. I have enough to build about 100 cases, so if anyone is interested. I could perhaps cut some down. They won't be perfect but i could cut a few pieces up and maybe send them off in the post if it's not too expensive...

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.