I need advise for three channel Parallel LM4780 project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm building two, three chanells amplifiers based on parallel LM4780 chips for my three way speakers.

Just completed the amplifier and power supply boards, I choose high capacitance (10000uF) for the bass amplifiers and low capacitance (1000uF) for the mid and tremble amplifiers. Each amplifier module has its own Power supply PCB.

I still need enclosures and power transormers.
Sound wise, is there any good reason not to use a single transformer (24v+24v secondaries @ 1000VA) to supply all three PS modules and amplifiers?

Is it better to use different secondaries (i.e. 24v+24v+24v+24v+24v+24v @ 1000VA) for each module and even better to use different transformers?

Regards
P

Padel said:
Is it better to use different secondaries (i.e. 24v+24v+24v+24v+24v+24v @ 1000VA) for each module and even better to use different transformers?

Different secondaries is better.
Even better is separate transformer for each drive unit/amp/channel.
That would give you two trafos (one per channer) with 6 24V secondaries each, or (even better) 6 trafos with 2x24V each.
As you already have independent PSUs for each amp, it's just a question of trafos.
And that depend$ on how much you wanna $pend.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.