Ultimate preamp IC ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: more on noise

ThomasS said:
Sorry - no offence intented!

I would like to see the measurement repeated - any references out there?

I made some measurements some time ago, but nothing intresting to report, various batteries showed approxmitely zero noise when my measurement limit was around 2.5nV/Hz^½

I could get only interference, and when i started to measure single cells in "Coaxial" conficuration all i could get was system noise floor. Got something similar to TNT nicad noise, ie 1/f or something when i was knocking cells during measurement..Thats not supprise tough.

It is possible that lead acid batteries emit random noise : when you discharge them, ionic particles flow through the liquid and cause some micro bubbles. They are audible when you put your ear on the side of the battery.

I've been convinced by the Zener discrete regulator (on TNT article, page 4) : is there any way to make it better if possible ? I thought using even better transistors, any suggestion ?

If you just need a buffer to isolated the sound card from the amplifier input impedance then I have to agree with the early commonsense answer.

Just use LF353 or NE 5532....TL07* even.....dare I say it....LM324....

With unit gain I doubt you'll notice any noise contribution once you factor in the chip amp noise gain

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.