6 channel Speaker Protection and power on delay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,
I am in the process of assembling my six channel amplifier for my 3 way active speaker project.

I am using two 4780 in bridged mode to drive the woofers and two 4780s in parallel mode to drive the midranges while the 3886s are driving the tweeters.

Before i finalise the layout and start assembling the amp, i want to know how to add an inexpensive and easy to build(with as little components as possible) DC speaker protection circuit with a soft start circuit for all six channels.

I am using an active xover(http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30278/article.html)
along with a ALPS RK27 10k log pot as passive pre all in the same amplifier case.

I would appreciate if you guys could give me suggestions on the speaker protection circuitry as the speakers are fairly expensive.
Vifa D27s, Scan speak M13/8640 and Dayton classic 10s.

Thanks,

Sachi

Dunno man, the protection circuit in the Mauro amp also has like 3 transistors, some diodes and caps.. although the layout is quite compact, maybe fits in 3 x 2cm of PCB... have a look at the thread for the circuit... not sure though how much protection it offers as it also serves as a softstart, with relay.

The components you mention are small stuff like diodes and resistors, surely you could even fit it on a small bit of veroboard...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.