VBITNGC building & comment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Anyone figured out where the schematic file is?

loek said:
Not so difficult if you check the last posts: post 420.
Wim, normally there has to be a resistor from grid to ground.
If you leave the input open there is no "leaking resistor " for the grid.
You can connect a resistor (1Meg) parr. to the inputconnector.
Maybe this will help.
good luck, Loek

I'm not talking about an image or pdf of a schematic, I'm talking about an actual .sch file used by Eagle. I KNOW that that schematic was made in Eagle. I use Eagle and that image has the same look as Eagle does.

Actually, who has it really finished? Franz? Digi? GeWa? If you guys finished it, post some jpegs here!

No, I never built a amp with THIS pcb.

Of course, there must be a resistor from grid to ground! The circuit is intended for a pot at the input (47k) wich fullfills this function.

Kind regards
Franz

BTW: I just checked the mini VBITNGC from my friend: he realized a scratching pot. Reason: no anode voltage, blown F1 fuse. But the amp worked...

Anyone interested in a kit?

Hi

I have put together kits for other DIY projects, including one for another board that Digi made (SOHA v.3). Is there any interest in a kit to build this amp? I really like hybrids, and also like gain clones so this would be a fun project for me.

I would be able to offer a discount over buying the parts individually.
Hope I'm not too late.

Jeff

Nice- has anyone around here actually built one using these boards? I've dug through the threads a little but couldn't quite tell what people were up to.

If so, can all the parts be sourced from the usual Digikey/Mouser/Parts Express or are there more specialty suppliers that would be recommended?

For those who are interested: i have some original "GEWA" VBITNGC boards for sale. I have too many other projects, and the summer is comming up, so little time for making amps.

I build 1 VBITNGC myself, and it works fine.

I also can sell the boards with the tubes (E88CC), relais and LM3875TF.

It speaks for itself that i sell the boards non profit (original price).

Hey guys these are very easy to build very nice sounding valve buffered integrated gainclones... (you don't need a preamp).

It was one of my first projects and it came out just fine... took a long time for me building stuff, to beat its level of performance...

The GEWA boards are the ones that were cooperatively designed here Wim? If so, these should be even easier, as it had input from many people, sorting out lots of potential small hassles and personal taste issues...

Groette
Nico

Firstly it is there to block the DC component from the valve output..., secondly it forms part of a lowpass filter, so increasing the capacitance will change the knee of the frequency response to be lower, inreasing the voltage would probably reduce esr a bit, but it will increase the cost and will be larger.

C20 you could go for 10 to 100uf, exceeding that may cause problems for the reg, according to the datasheet.

R9 is 120R is correct

the output beween the 2 pins of the regulator that it connects, try to maintain a voltage of about 1.25V there... the datasheet suggests a minimum load of about 10mA, 1.25/120 = 10mA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.