PGA2310 based preamp finished - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2005, 07:48 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default PGA2310 based preamp finished

After 3 month I've finished my PGA2310 based preamp. Some technical data :

Digital part :
- PIC 16F628 running at 4MHz for volume and mute control and driving LCD display
- PIC 12F675 running at 1MHz for input selector
- 16x2 LCD with backlite
- PGA 2310

Analog part is based on the schematic from

This page . The only difference is that I used OPA2134 for input and output buffer.

Here is the front view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pga2310 01.jpg (72.2 KB, 2746 views)
Old 8th November 2005, 07:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

This is the rear view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pga2310 03.jpg (59.6 KB, 2325 views)
Old 8th November 2005, 07:53 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

And finaly the inside view. I know is a mess inside, but I will optimize the wiring. I must say that the preamp is dead quiet and it souds very smooth and at the same time very fast and well determinated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pga2310 02.jpg (95.8 KB, 2646 views)
Old 8th November 2005, 08:09 PM   #4
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Wow wow and wow, feel free to share more...

wassup with the selector LEDs though, seems all are lit but one?
Old 8th November 2005, 08:11 PM   #5
Banned

Hi bostjancek,

Good job, looks good.
One thing: those unshielded cables should not be close to each other, it creates crosstalk.
Most critical I see there is the output cables, separate them widely, or use shielded cables there, they are also close to the PSU.
The input buffer could left out, or just buffering the tape outputs.
Old 8th November 2005, 09:56 PM   #6
Stabist is offline Stabist  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Huudooo ...

Tole si pa dobro naredil )))

Bi te prosil (ce hoces) da mi posljes svoj kontaktni email na stabist@email.si ker bi te pobaral par stvari (se mi par PGAjev ze dve leti valja pa caka)

Just explaining to Bostjan, that the first impression of his preamp is and am very interested in some more informations ...

A real nice work!
Old 9th November 2005, 04:39 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

To Nordic - the Led which is not ON shows the input which is active. Yes I know is strange but this is caused because of the relais which are normaly closed (I have it - so I used them). This setup is only temporary. In the future I plan to use a Burr-Brown MPC508 which are 8 channel single ended analog multiplexer (I've got samples ).

Cheers
Old 9th November 2005, 04:48 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

To carlosfm - the unshielded cables (twisted pair from CAT-5 cable) which are close together are used for leds in front pannel and for buttons. The twisted pairs for input and output - I'm planning to change them with shielded cable as soon I will make a new input selector with MPC508. I'm also planning to change the main board because I will use just 1 PIC micro (16F76 which have 28 pins) for all digital controls. I will also add the support for RC5 IR remote control.

Cheers
Old 9th November 2005, 04:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Stabist ni problema sem ti poslal e-mail.

Stabist I've sand you the e-mail.

Cheers
Old 9th November 2005, 05:08 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bostjancek
Stabist ni problema sem ti poslal e-mail.

Stabist I've sand you the e-mail.

Cheers

Very Nice Job!

I've been working on a very similar project for some time now, and have finally gathered all of the necessary parts. Your project has just given me the inspriateion to finish it...I hope.

What did you use to program the PICS...would you mind sharing the code with us?

Thanks.

G.

Hide this!Advertise here!