Does anyone have experiences with the LT1210?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'd like to build a quick and easy amp, that doesn't need to be high-power.
As the specs look very good, I thought about using 2 LT1210 per channel. They have better specs than the commonly used National chips, and two should give 16W at 4 Ohms. The LT1210 is a 1,1A 35MHz current-feedback 7-pin TO-220 op-amp from Linear Technology.

Did anyone already use it?

Cheers,
Dominique

I have built a single channel prototype using LT1210 (with V gain) as a power "buffer" inside a high quality fet input op amp feedback loop

Walt Jung describes the advantages of these multiloop topologies

you will probably need a "Zobel" series L || R (~ 0.5-1 uH ||~ 10 Ohm or appropriate sized lossy ferrite EMI "bead" ) at the output to keep the cfa LT1210 from oscillating with large capacitive loads - like long speaker cables

also 1 A max current into 4 Ohms is 16 W peak/or DC, only 8 Wrms for music; 8 Ohms is a better match to the LT1210 output I,V capabilities

oops messed up the math, (1 A)^2 * 4 Ohms = 4 W peak/DC => 2 Wrms

more power within the V swing capability of the LT1210 requires paralleling for higher current output - which in turn requires some current sharing arrangement - like small value power reisitors in the outputs

2x || LT1210 could put 8 Wrms into 4 Ohms
3x || LT1210 could put 18 Wrms into 4 Ohms

more than 3x || will run out of Vswing capability with 4 Ohm loads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.