Lm1036

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I feel a bit stupid now.
I decided to do a LM1036 PCB as my first etching project. It is supposed to be a stereo volume and tone control, with loudness compensator. I spent quite a bit of time at it allready (suppose it always takes long the first time), but only just realised that it may not be suitable to the gainclone...

The main reason is that the maximum input voltage is something like 1.6V (@ 12V supply).

Is there a way to limit the input voltage from unknown external components? Or is this just a non event using this chip with something like the gainclone?

Attachments

• lm1036.gif
    lm1036.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 555
Ok inexperience counts here lol.

Been looking at the 3875 datasheet now.
Maybe someone can correct me but it seems like if I set the gain on the chipamp to 18 it should give me an input sensitivity of 1V

Which in turn should match the max output of the LM1036.

The reason I fear the input voltage is mY new Sony DVD player doesn't have volume control (go figure), and its output must be pretty high, as it causes distortion when used with the amp I own, and there is no way I'm connecting that to the gainclone without volume control, man and there I was thinkning it will work as nicely as my playstation one.

Some LM1036 vital statistics for our interested friend from the U S of A.
Supply voltage range 9V to 16V
max input voltage 1.3V at 9V, 1.6V at 12V
max output voltage min 0.8V max 1V
input resistance 20-30Kohm
output resistance 20ohm

Noise characteristics are not quite up to scratch with the GC, at least as far as figures go, I would still try to give it a shot as something educational at the least.

I am totaly at a loss when it comes to the digitaly controled alternatives.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.