problems with Brian's kits - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2005, 07:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default problems with brains kits

I'm not trying to be a troll but I have had some problems with brian kits... I orderd a couple of them from him and they came missing quite a few parts... I let him know about it immediatly and he said he was going to ship out the missing items.... I followed up with at least 5 emails and it has been more than a month and I have yet to recieve anything. I guess I'm going to just have to go somewhere else to get the missing components... Also on two of the kits I was sent two different types of 10uf caps.. I don't know if two different caps will affect the sound but I would think it isn't exactly common practice to mix component brands like that. Anyway just making it known.

stu

Old 28th October 2005, 09:18 PM   #2
maxro is offline maxro  Canada
diyAudio Member

My Brian GT kit was short a couple parts too. But all it took was one polite email, and the correct parts were on their way. He even sent a couple spare boards.

Max

Old 28th October 2005, 09:21 PM   #3
DcibeL is offline DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

My Brain kit came pre-assembled

Just jokes...

Old 1st November 2005, 11:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have politely emailed him 6 times. He just stopped responding to them altogether. Guess I'm just screwed and I'll have to go buy the components somewhere else. It's thrilling to pay for something twice. Plus the components I did get are all mix mached brands, not exactly a pro audio chipamp. So the amp just sits in my garage untill I cough up the money again I guess.

Old 1st November 2005, 11:25 PM   #5
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

all you really need is the pcb and caps, the rest you can pick up at any electronic store $10 worth of parts.

hmm would i reply to e-mails after this thread no

cheers

Old 2nd November 2005, 12:11 AM   #6
Vikash is offline Vikash  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: problems with brains kits

Quote:
Originally posted by thermonuclear
Anyway just making it known.
You have every right to expect a full list of components, but you should know that sometimes he can take time sorting thing out as he has a fulltime job to deal with too! I don't think he's let anyone down before, so patients would be a virtue here

Quote:
came missing quite a few parts
How many and which ones?

Quote:
Also on two of the kits I was sent two different types of 10uf caps
Do you mean that each kit has consistent types, just different between each kit?
"The human mind is so constituted that it colours with its own previous conceptions any new notion that presents itself for acceptance." - J. Wilhelm. (But I still think mine sounds better than yours.)

Old 2nd November 2005, 12:56 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

nobody should jump on this guy for anything he's saying

my kits did take around 1 mth or more to receive... but all the parts were there

mixing and matching brands isn't a big issue... but lack of parts seems kind of lame to me

but yea... if it's just a few resistors and stuff just grab them from mouser or somewhere

Old 4th November 2005, 04:42 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by karma
all you really need is the pcb and caps, the rest you can pick up at any electronic store $10 worth of parts.
Isn't that the point of buying a kit... to NOT have to goto the electronics store?

Quote:
hmm would i reply to e-mails after this thread no
well someone with that attitude shouldn't be in the business of selling things, remember, the customer is always right

Old 4th November 2005, 07:14 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Let's not shoot BrianGT yet.
I notised he was last time online 11.10.-05.....so he is propably very busy at the moment.

Let's hope he's alive and kicking After all he is one of the sponsors on this site,of course that doesn't mean he can forget his clients........

Old 9th November 2005, 02:18 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hmmm I don't understand why this thread was split and put in the Texas forum..

To big Mike, What are you talking about. I have not insulted Brian at any point in this thread, My comments were directed at the guy who posted in the thread that he woulden't respond to emails from me either since I started this thread complaining about the service I got. People like him have no interest in helping me.

Reread my post, My order was delivered on August 16th. I posted this thread like a week ago, how long am I supposed to wait before I can complain... Tell me Mike, how long is long enough? Just when exactly do I have a right to be upset? A year? would that be long enough? You know what, I'm insane for expecting to get what I paid for, I mean, whats wrong with me? I wonder if I waited 2 months to pay for my order if I would have gotten anything?

To the guy who said, "just go buy the components" What? I alrady paid for the components once, so I should just go buy them again, Hmmm you should go into business for yourself. People will make and order with you, send you money, then you send them nothing and they go buy what the need at the local radio shack. It's brilliant. My checks in the mail.

You know, I put this thread up without malice just trying to get my situation recified, It's amazing to me that no matter how justified you are there are always a couple guys who have to make some kind of negative comments.

You know it's not like it's been a week and I'm bitching, it's not like I didn't attempt to contact the seller and fix the situation, I guess according to some of you guys I'm just supposed to wait untill the end of time with the hope that one day my missing order will be filled. I have a half assembled amplifier sitting in my garage and it's been there for 2 months. I dont' know about you but I don't start projects like this for my health. Call me crazy but I wanted to actually listen to music throught my amp project.

It's funny because I guarantee that if the tables were turned and you negative comment guys were the ones who got shorted, I bet you would not have been even 1/2 as patient as I have been. So if you dont' have anything constructive to add to this discussion, do me a favor and write a letter to yourself about your thoughts, go ahead and mail it, and when you get it you can open it up, and read it to yourself, because the people in attendance at your "reading" are the only ones who care what you have to say about it.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!