problems with Brian's kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
problems with brains kits

I'm not trying to be a troll but I have had some problems with brian kits... I orderd a couple of them from him and they came missing quite a few parts... I let him know about it immediatly and he said he was going to ship out the missing items.... I followed up with at least 5 emails and it has been more than a month and I have yet to recieve anything. I guess I'm going to just have to go somewhere else to get the missing components... Also on two of the kits I was sent two different types of 10uf caps.. I don't know if two different caps will affect the sound but I would think it isn't exactly common practice to mix component brands like that. Anyway just making it known.

stu

I have politely emailed him 6 times. He just stopped responding to them altogether. Guess I'm just screwed and I'll have to go buy the components somewhere else. It's thrilling to pay for something twice. Plus the components I did get are all mix mached brands, not exactly a pro audio chipamp. So the amp just sits in my garage untill I cough up the money again I guess.

Re: problems with brains kits

thermonuclear said:
Anyway just making it known.
You have every right to expect a full list of components, but you should know that sometimes he can take time sorting thing out as he has a fulltime job to deal with too! I don't think he's let anyone down before, so patients would be a virtue here ;)

came missing quite a few parts
How many and which ones?

Also on two of the kits I was sent two different types of 10uf caps
Do you mean that each kit has consistent types, just different between each kit?

karma said:
all you really need is the pcb and caps, the rest you can pick up at any electronic store $10 worth of parts.

Isn't that the point of buying a kit... to NOT have to goto the electronics store?

hmm would i reply to e-mails after this thread no:rolleyes:

well someone with that attitude shouldn't be in the business of selling things, remember, the customer is always right :)

Hmmm I don't understand why this thread was split and put in the Texas forum..

To big Mike, What are you talking about. I have not insulted Brian at any point in this thread, My comments were directed at the guy who posted in the thread that he woulden't respond to emails from me either since I started this thread complaining about the service I got. People like him have no interest in helping me.

Reread my post, My order was delivered on August 16th. I posted this thread like a week ago, how long am I supposed to wait before I can complain... Tell me Mike, how long is long enough? Just when exactly do I have a right to be upset? A year? would that be long enough? You know what, I'm insane for expecting to get what I paid for, I mean, whats wrong with me? I wonder if I waited 2 months to pay for my order if I would have gotten anything?

To the guy who said, "just go buy the components" What? I alrady paid for the components once, so I should just go buy them again, Hmmm you should go into business for yourself. People will make and order with you, send you money, then you send them nothing and they go buy what the need at the local radio shack. It's brilliant. My checks in the mail.

You know, I put this thread up without malice just trying to get my situation recified, It's amazing to me that no matter how justified you are there are always a couple guys who have to make some kind of negative comments.

You know it's not like it's been a week and I'm bitching, it's not like I didn't attempt to contact the seller and fix the situation, I guess according to some of you guys I'm just supposed to wait untill the end of time with the hope that one day my missing order will be filled. I have a half assembled amplifier sitting in my garage and it's been there for 2 months. I dont' know about you but I don't start projects like this for my health. Call me crazy but I wanted to actually listen to music throught my amp project.

It's funny because I guarantee that if the tables were turned and you negative comment guys were the ones who got shorted, I bet you would not have been even 1/2 as patient as I have been. So if you dont' have anything constructive to add to this discussion, do me a favor and write a letter to yourself about your thoughts, go ahead and mail it, and when you get it you can open it up, and read it to yourself, because the people in attendance at your "reading" are the only ones who care what you have to say about it.

His point of view was that I should not get my order filled and that I should go to the electronics store and buy the missing components.
Is that a vaild point of view? I guess technically it IS a point of view.
Was that posted with the intent of being helpful? I would suggest no.
Perhaps I misread the post, maybe the poster would like to explain how his intentions were ment to be positive.

Just wondering:

When you paid, did you understand what you were paying for? I mean you'll maybe expect something you don't have paid for and now Brian is getting a bit "...." of you?

If you have paid for certain parts and Brain has forgot to put these in the parcel I can't understand why Brian not is responing? :confused:

Maybe there is a perfectly good explantion. It would be interesting to hear about the real facts.

I bought 4 kits early on in the offering, all four came with there parts. I then bought the new power supply board for two of them. One of the boards was missing the caps, Brian made it right in about 3 weeks, I sent ONE e-mail to inform him of the missing part and ONE followup, 2 weeks later. He forgot. But I did'nt send him 6 e-mails in little over a month. :bigeyes: I personally think this is not the place to bash :smash: someone who made a major contribution along with others in designing this kit and has had a few problems with distribution. No one here has the power to resolve these problems. How many kits has Brian and his wife packaged and sent out with all the right parts compared to ones missing parts. Those that where missing parts, how many people had trouble getting Brian to respond and send the missing parts out. All companies will eventually have problems with there product or it's distribution. I personally can't tell you how to resolve this problem, sorry. :confused:

That would be 4 emails in 3 months.

I bought one dual mono 3886 kit and one stereo kit. And yes they are missing parts from the kit.

Expalin how I'm bashing Brian, all I'm doing is defending why I posted the original post, did you read it? Just want to get my parts thats all. Apparently thats a crime.

Please do explain what YOU would do? I have sent 4 emails spaced out about 3 weeks each. So actually I have emailed him LESS than you did.... Hmmm funny how when we actually LOOK at the facts it appears that what you accused ME of, is exactly what YOU did.

Where did I bash Brian, show me in my posts... Show me. Bottom line, you didn't even read them. I deeply WANT brian to be successful and hopefully his success will include getting me my missing parts.

You know, it's a business, In excange for money your supposed to recieve a prouduct, I did not recieve all my prouduct.. People who are running a business are NOT doing you a favor by selling to you. They are not doing charity work, they are doing it to make MONEY. I also have a small business where I sell carparts over the internet, I can't tell you how many times I have sent out a prouduct for FREE because I did not feel I had kept my end of the bargin well enough to charge for my service.. We are talking a $160 dollar part not a few cents in electronics components.

Well who is next to accuse me of something? You know the only thing I'm guilty of is thinking that people on this board would care about my situation, but I was wrong, it's obvious that "the customer is always right" theory is out the window. Pretty much if you have had any interaction with a seller and it ended up postitive anyone who says they "did not" have a good experience is a liar and totally insane.
So the "seller is always right, and the customer should be thankful that the seller even spoke directly to them much less sent them anything at all"

So in reality I'm blessed.

budwiser said:
But I did'nt send him 6 e-mails in little over a month....

Brian is a good guy but if he hasn't got the time to take care of the customers he must let someone else help or simply close down. Nothing at his website indicates the possible reply speed or delivery time so people expect a faster service.

I think everyone can agree that a reply speed of one month is way too slow if nothing else is stated. People get sometimes irritated when I don't answer in a couple of hours!

This reminds me of something else:

AOL and Yahoo have sometimes overambitious spamfilters so my replies get filtered away. That is VERY iriitating for both parts. Brian may have such problems also.

thermonuclear, your overly sarcastic and somewhat smarmy posts aren't going to win you the sympathy you're looking for, hence the response from some people. We know you've paid, and we all realise you should get what you pay for. No one thinks otherwise.

If you need to vent out, then I suggest you take SY up on his offer, otherwise accept that we all want you to recieve the parts you've paid for, that you've voiced your opinions clearly already, and that continually bashing anyone isn't going to get you there any quicker.

Read your prior posts! 6 emails sent. Now its 4? :confused: The only thing your going to get here is either no sympathy ,some sympathy or free parts from someone else. I just don't see how posting anything here like you did was going to resolve your problem. As I said, there is absolutly no one here that can help you with your situation as far as getting parts from Brian. THe attitude that the customer is always right may be true in this case but during my retail days, I can't even begin to count how many times someone would come in and say they needed this and that and I would say this will work but the that won't, they get huffy demand the that and end up coming back saying that THAT would not work. SO the customer is always right is not always true. :bawling: Take Peter up on his offer and lets get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.