47labs Gaincard rewire?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Umm, u have bigger problem, if u want it on Euro standard voltage, it is 220V@50Hz instead of 110V@60Hz. Humpty doesn't have a switch to change operating area?If not then u're stuck with changing power tranny, but why on earth u want to do it? There must be Humptys working on 220V ??! :confused:

Even if there is no switch for changing voltage, the transformer might be a dual primary one. Presumably it is cheaper to use one single type of transformer for all units, than to have different ones depending on market. But maybe that goes against their philosophy somehow?

Well, I assumed Richard had a unit he wanted to rewire, so he could just look inside and try to figure out it it has dual primaries. However, judging from the pictures in the link you provided Peter, I get a feeling the answer is no. On the close up of the transformer, we see the secondaries coming out on top, and at the botton there are two thick and two thin wires. If these had all been primaries, they would presumable have been the same width, so I guess one pair of wires is a third secondary for som purpose, and then the thin wires are probably the one and only primary.

Peter Daniel said:
From what I see, there are actually 3 thin wires on primary side: one of them, grey in color, looks like connected to earth ground, but again, it's not very clear.

I can only see two, one blue and one grey, but if it is three, then presumably the transformer has a shield, which wouldn't be too much to ask considering what the thing costs. :)

Point is, the supply probably cannot be converted to other voltage.

I agree, but it still doesn't hurt too look inside the actual unit instead of just relying on pictures. There might differences between units.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.