Lm4702

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There a bit of a lead time on these little puppies. I have had a few on order for a couple of weeks now. Anyone have suggestions as to what to use for the darlingtons on the source/sink pins. This will give me an excuse to use those XFO's that I have sitting around that put out too much voltage for a GC. Should be F.U.N!

G.

From the Spec Sheet:

POWER DISSIPATION AND HEAT SINKING
When in “play” mode, the LM4702 draws a constant amount
of current, regardless of the input signal amplitude. Consequently,
the power dissipation is constant for a given supply
voltage and can be computed with the equation PDMAX = Icc
* (Vcc – Vee). For a quick calculation of PDMAX, approximate
the current to be 25mA and multiply it by the total supply
voltage (the current varies slightly from this value over the
operating range).

:bigeyes: Constant power draw? This sounds like it's going to be a real hog. Is this Class A?

MikeLewis said:
From the Spec Sheet:

operating range).

:bigeyes: Constant power draw? This sounds like it's going to be a real hog. Is this Class A?

Sounds that way. can't wait until I get my samples. I could use a little help with some suggestion for the Darlingtons.

G.

LM4702

This is the same package as the 3875,76,86 ect..... is a power darlington complimentary output pair with much higher power handling up to +- 70V to as high as 100 +- dissipation is still only 125W quiescent current is 30 ma distortion is .004 at 14RMS out, it actually is not as good overall as its conterparts just handles higher power supply voltages................

Re: LM4702

MikeLewis said:
From the Spec Sheet:

operating range).

tiltedhalo said:
This is the same package as the 3875,76,86 ect..... is a power darlington complimentary output pair with much higher power handling up to +- 70V to as high as 100 +- dissipation is still only 125W quiescent current is 30 ma distortion is .004 at 14RMS out, it actually is not as good overall as its conterparts just handles higher power supply voltages................

Guys do the maths...

Sure it's Class A, but it's a DRIVER not a power amplifier. To build a complete amplifier you need to add external components for the output stage and that's where the big power disspation will be. The current for the driver IC is 25 mA and the current available model in production is the A grade which means maximum +/- 75 VDC supply. This gives Pmax=(75-(-75))*0.025 W = 3.75 W of dissipation. Yes, that's less than 4 W. No need to worry...

metal said:

Who can recommend the power output transistors to be used with this chip LM4702...

Thanks

MJ11032 from Onsemit should work fine, samples are available. I know I've had a sample request on the 4702 for over a month... it's on backorder... anyone actually play with them yet?

pinkmouse said:
That does look very interesting.

However, this looks much more fun! ;)

I agree! I actually got that chip, but it is surface mount and incredible small! I can't handle soldering it... anyone else upto the challenge?? I'd be willing to work out some sort of trade/purchase if you could just glue the thing to a piece of cardboard and solder some leads on it!

Funlight

For ElementX: I have successfully soldered the LM4970 device and
tried it out with a picmicro,it's an interesting device if you are interested in adding some "Bling" to your next project...

BTW: I have a stereo microscope that I used while soldering....Those little buggers look like 18 wheelers under the scope!!

Regards Bob C.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.