Lm4702

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear AndrewT ,

You have illuminated many unknowns in my mind.These are critical informations for me.Thanks.

Dear jackinnj ,

I understand you now.Thank you for output informing.I'm planing very nice fancie things :) But i will base your output circuit.

I'm very like here.Amateurs have many professional diyers help.Thank you diyaudio.com .

I have most of this complete on one of the LM4702 driver boards i had burned a long time ago, but haven't had time to test it, so caveat emptor:

Attachments

• LM4702_FrontEnd.png
    LM4702_FrontEnd.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 312
Are you asking about the Pi version of the Thiele output network?
If so, then you have 10r+33pF at the amp output. This should be 10r+47nF, or 10r+100nF
5r||1mH as the inductor in the line. This should be 5r||1uH
5r+100nF across the amp's speaker terminals.
This gives the equivalent of:
10r+100nF in parallel with 10r+100nF when we assume the inductor has infinite impedance. That will probably be a good choice of component values and is very likely to work. The amp should not object to seeing 5r+200nF as it's HF load.

C2 looks far too small.
If the source impedance is low then the 1k (+Rs=500r) & 30pF gives an F-3dB ~ 1/{2Pi1500*30pF}= ~3.5MHz
That is at least a decade too high. Try 330pF and then step up (in E6 range) till you just start to hear some subtle treble loss. Then go back one step.
E6 range
330pF, 470pF, 680pF, 1nF, 1n5F, 2n2F

Last edited:
No.
removing the top 10r stops the damping resistor being 10r||10r = 5r Keep both 10r to give a 5r damping resistor.
removing the two 10r and removing the 100n takes away the Pi version of the Thiele noutput network. Keep all those components on the output.
But the 33pF needs to be changed to somewhere around 47nF to 100nF

I did not make any comment on C6 30pF
See what the datasheet says about that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.