New input/output Selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so Brian and I have been talking about a source and amp selector for quite a while. Finally it is coming to into existance... even if slowly. :)

The layout is nearly complete, but still has some tweaking. I know many of you guys have been asking me about this for quite a while, and I though it was about time to show some work.

Here are some details:

1) 3 stereo sources.
2) A selectable output buffer.
3) 2 outputs which can operate independantly or together, but from the same input source.
4) PIC MCU controlled with headers which allow for various input devices (switches, Qprox..., etc...)
5) On board PS for easy layout and integration with other projects.

The idea is for this to a be a companion to the Kookaburra preamp and Mauro's "My Ref" amp.

Keep in mind this is a work in progress... Stay tuned!! :)

Well here it is:

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 4,091
paulb said:
You've announced quite a few new boards lately. Are you planning to sell any of them via your site?

Yes,

Absolutely...

Right now Mauro's design the monobloc REV C PCBs are in stock,

And I am just waiting for my shipment of PCBs for the kookaburra.

This PCB is up next.

All of the above will/do have kits as well.

You should be able to order Kookaburra very very soon as a matter of fact.

Cheers!
Russ

jleaman said:
What about a remote or a lcd ?

The interface inputs are TTL for either manual buttons or such or another PCB which could hold an IR/RF reciever and and another PIC to control the selector.

The idea is to create a duaghter add-on PCB which can control this PCB as well as the Kookaburra at the same time, both manually, and by remote.

The board as supplied will work out of the box with manual switches, etc... but it would be very easy to fashon a remote PCB, and simply use the interface header.

I am also working on a 5.1/7.1 pre which will have LCD display + and very likely, remote functionality, built in, but that is simply because its operation is much more complex.

Cheers!
Russ

Russ White said:

The interface inputs are TTL for either manual buttons or such or another PCB which could hold an IR/RF reciever and and another PIC to control the selector.

The idea is to create a duaghter add-on PCB which can control this PCB as well as the Kookaburra at the same time, both manually, and by remote.

The board as supplied will work out of the box with manual switches, etc... but it would be very easy to fashon a remote PCB, and simply use the interface header.

I am also working on a 5.1/7.1 pre which will have LCD display + and very likely, remote functionality, built in, but that is simply because its operation is much more complex.

Cheers!
Russ

any chances it can be configured to also be a 2.1 pre as well? i know i would take a afew of these!!

Evilsizer said:

any chances it can be configured to also be a 2.1 pre as well? i know i would take a afew of these!!

Well, the 5.1 circuit I am working on would be way overkill for 2.1, but maybe you could be more specific about what you want.

What I think you are asking for is a 2 channel in preamp with a high pass filter on the two channels out plus a summing low pass filter for a subwoofer.

I started designing a PCB like that a while back. If there is enough interest I will bring it forward.

Cheers!
Russ

Russ White said:

...a 2 channel in preamp with a high pass filter on the two channels out plus a summing low pass filter for a subwoofer.

I started designing a PCB like that a while back. If there is enough interest I will bring it forward.

Yes! :D Sounds like a great idea to me. (I'm assuming the normal stereo boards only do the two channels without subwoofers or whatever?)
--Nathan

Russ White said:

Well, the 5.1 circuit I am working on would be way overkill for 2.1, but maybe you could be more specific about what you want.

What I think you are asking for is a 2 channel in preamp with a high pass filter on the two channels out plus a summing low pass filter for a subwoofer.

Cheers!
Russ

i was thinking 2 channel full range then with a LFE out (150hz) down somthing along those lines... i was asking though if the 5.1 you are working on could be configured to do 2.1... would make it easier on your part... was mainly a thought...

Russ White said:

Cheers!
Russ
I'd like to see this as well. Perhaps it could be a modular design where you can simply use more boards depending on if you want 2/5/7 channels :)

/U.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.