tda 7293 and tda 7294 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pcb

hi sagar,
yesterday i went to lr mkt and bought epoxy board.The shop no is 432 and MEHTA BROS. is shop no 614. I also bought photopaper (ODDY brand). I first scrub the pcb with scotch bright and cleaned it with copper/brass cleaner (DARA brand),printed the schematic on the paper(shiny side) and use the iron(knobe on hottest) to transfer the toner, soak it in the water and rub it slowly with thumbs. But the tranfer was not good. I was so much dissapointed............ to see the tracks with uneven/unstraight/sides/edges.I think the paper was not good or the scotch bright made a lot of scratchs on the board....... I think so.... I coulnt find better photopaper than "oddy"(Rs 190 per 50 sheets).Other was century brand but it was too thick.
too much problem in making pcbs :redhot:
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
can u suggest me a good photopaper and source.
:bawling:
aman

pcb

hi sagar,
I asked sardarji abt how to tin the tracks. He said that they use to roll the pcb over solder(some king of equipment for it) and there is no solution for it or u can ask them for urself::::

Amar electronics
432,lajpat rai mkt
delhi-110006
ph 23868515,23864881
fax 27454461

regrds
aman

pcb

hi sagar,
yes.... he said to me that it depends on the circuit and could only tell the cost after seeing the circuit/complexity ,size of the board (may be for drilling,tinning....:D etc.).
sagarbhai i will go to nehru place to get hp/kodar photopapaer.......... may be on saturday(holiday).
any suggestions for pcb.............s
:)
aman

hi aman,

1)DONT us copper cleaner etc.it will make surface shinny,greasy and glossy.it completely defeats the purpose of cleaning with scotch brite and kiwi.

2)ensure that printer has GENUINE cartridge only.refilled ones r useless(for this purpose:)).

****u r a working man.right!use your office's printer.****

3)Scotch brite till the point pcb colour changes.i.e dark copper colour(as we get it) to light pinkish white kinda(i suppose u got that) so that the initial scratches give way to fine surface.

PCB

hi sagar
oooooooooo that pcb cleaner may be the problem. where can i get the kiwi(whats that)????? i will buy it today.
I use office printer but that r genuine cartridge......i hope:)

KARIZMA.......JET... SET... GO.......WITH.... Karishma;)
good luck
aman

pcb

hi sagar
when i cleaned the pcb with that cleaner the surface became so shiny that i could see my face in it and not a single drop of water could stand there.......i thought there's going to be a nice tranfer but.........:headbash: :headbash:
anyway see what happens today.
I m going to ghissing...and..ghissing.........and...........ghissing it with scotch brite and vim........hope my wife wouldnt laugh..:D
kahin wo ye na kahe ki ye sare bartan bhee chamka do...:D
regrds
aman

Re: pcb

aman said:
hi sagar

I m going to ghissing...and..ghissing.........and...........ghissing it with scotch brite and vim........hope my wife wouldnt laugh..:D
kahin wo ye na kahe ki ye sare bartan bhee chamka do...:D
regrds
aman

=)) your wife laughs r not,but your this sentence made me laugh so loud,it must have reached Dwarka.

NO VIM,CLEANER IS STRICT NO NO.

jus do it like.......
wet a little of scotch brite.a small part of it.now scrub thepcb.kaala kaala maail niklega:D .do it till colour changes.surface smoothens and changes colour.after all this wash with water.
:att'n: CAUTION::::do not touch hands on copper side at all:att'n:
use scotch brite to clean pcb under running water.allow pcb to dry by itself.when it dries,use freah hankie to buff the copper side.

:att'n: dont touch copper side under any condition.:att'n:

pcb

hi sagar
yesterday i scrubbed the pcb,it start looking pinkish and was smooth but...............there was power failure in my area :headbash: :headbash: :headbash: .....and i couldnt complete the job. see what happens today.
did u try the bass ckt???
which speakers do u have ???? any branded column???
I have got an old BPL three way(passive) with 1"tweeter,5"midrange,8"woofer and 8"passive radiator with punny passive network in MDF enclosure(abt 44"tall 350watt pmpo written on back side..... :D ).
The four drivers seems to be cheap but original .
I m going to dismantle everything and will add good network and some stuffing and would try with my new amp(not yet assembled in cabinet due to unavailability of good heat sink),but i have tested and played the amp which good in bass and treble.
where u get ur heatsink from?????
any source of good one??
the one available in lr mkt are $@*##
:redhot: :redhot:

Re: pcb

aman said:
hi sagar
there was power failure in my area :headbash: :headbash: :headbash: .....and i couldnt complete the job. see what happens today.
did u try the bass ckt???
which speakers do u have ???? any branded column???
I have got an old BPL three way(passive) with 1"tweeter,5"midrange,8"woofer and 8"passive radiator with punny passive network in MDF enclosure(abt 44"tall 350watt pmpo written on back side..... :D ).
The four drivers seems to be cheap but original .
I m going to dismantle everything and will add good network and some stuffing and would try with my new amp(not yet assembled in cabinet due to unavailability of good heat sink),but i have tested and played the amp which good in bass and treble.
where u get ur heatsink from?????
any source of good one??
the one available in lr mkt are $@*##
:redhot: :redhot:

best of luck!

i got thukral 10" with box and 4"tweeter.very heavy box,solid and voluminous.has a well built xover(passive) in it.long copper wire for connections.costed 1000 bucks(single).good heavy magnet and can take upto 300w continous(he said:)).from lr market.

i had brought original pioneer woofer for Rs5000.12 inch,it WAS a demon.excellent cone movement.a beauty.i got a 12" box for it from thukral for 600 bucks.jab woh chalta thaa log darr jaate thhe.so much bass,in their house.complaint karne aate thhe.beta!volume kam kor doh plz!!padosion ki nazar lag gayi:bawling: .mera woofer khaa gaye.lm3886 burned and took it away with it:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:.
so from now on all my amps have one must include ckt.o/p protection for speakers.

i wanted to try out elf on esp site.so i bought pioneer.thukraal,is very good but not close at all to pioneer.

********my advise,forget everything,make a perfect speaker protection first.*******
test it for all possible conditions.it really hurts hard to see your speaker go off in smoke in few secs:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

heat sink.mastec radios. i suppose its shop 243.nice uncle.he is more than happy to help students and hobbyist alike.i purchase passives and hardware from there.good quality(yes good quality).his 1/4 shop is heat sink.he allows u to sift thru the heap to get your req.he will give even one peice!very nice man.

what is 8" passive??:confused:

what will u fill in?does it improve performance?

bass ckt.leave it.i will make 24 db xover,and provide gain for bases
:D
will do it but dunno when:)

where do u get cabinets from?(for amp).how much guru charges u for transformer.he gave me 20-0-20 ,5amp for Rs500.any cheap source(his transformers are v.good but very costly too).

speaker

hi sagar
I too used 10" thukral but 10"birco is far better in built and performance ,a bit costlier than thukral abt Rs 90--100 more , have more punch, believe me.
I too have used original pioneer 12" TSW-304c for 1.2cuft enclosure which i used in my car but sold it later. It worked well in my home with a 300watt rms subwoofer amplifier from esp.
I fill glasswool or polyester fibers (used in pillows,can be get from mkt) to absorb the inner sound reflections of the enclosure which distort/color the sound of the driver.
I use wooden cabinet for the amps.which i built myselt(takes a lot of time and labor).
regrading transformers,nothing is better than gurus,their prices are a bit higher.Times back i used to get the trafo built by one of my friend but they used to get warm..........not my friend:D ,now i only prefer to buy good quality trafos as they affect sound.I have also got a toroidal 18-0-18 which i rewinded for 25-0-25 and its working.
passive radiators are speakers without the magnet,used to control the movement of a speaker in the box. have a look

Attachments

• 11492[1].jpg
    11492[1].jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 432
hey aman,
u seem to have made too may things.
did u get the transistors req for the esp 300w sub woofer amp from lr.tell the shop no plz:D .a good shop for transistors is ...tell:D?

i will now definately use filler material.

cant build box.very lazy for that.

passives.do they provide any real good?do they req. amp also(i.e do they consume power also?)

transformers:scratch:,i will do more research.

sub::will buy pioneer again.divided between thukral and birco.

best of luck for pcb:smash:

hii sagar
original c5200/a1943 are impossible to get in lr mkt now. I got 10 pairs of them for Rs 190/pair(original fairchild) from a shopkeeper a year back but now he says that its impossible to get them, but assured that whenever he gets he will keep a few for me. Only fakes are available in plenty,everywhere ,but u can easily diagnose their fake status(their finishing,numbering etc...they are dirty) i m searching the oringinal for a few months but alas........:bawling: :bawling:
I m using the genuine ones in my new amp. I use the fake ones for amp testing only, they save originals....;) ,when everything is ok i replace them with originals.
regarding speaker if u believe me buy birco.Passive radiators are used with the active drivers but not arbitrarily they need some calculations and designing very hard for layman...i think,
regards
aman, a friend

modular

hii sagar
I would have tried that application but i couldnt get tda7293 in the lr mkt. I only used 7294 in bridged and later sold the amp to one of my friend as he liked its music output and he still uses that.
Nowadays i prefer transistorised amps to get more power and also some learning too.....:)
regrds
Aman

hi aman,

i m leaning towards class d lately.
i envisage a project,with an smps supply with a class d chip.imagine the huge power in such small size.:eek:

i havent been able to find out TRIPATH class d chips in delhi.i have asked a friend,who is in b'lore to get them for me.lets see what comes out.

what ckt u used for tda7294 bridge?can u post the pcb and schema:D

class d

hi sagar
plz tell me abt class d if u get success....:)
the ckt for the bridged 7294 is easily available on net and its very easy to built,u can make two pcbs for single application and link them with wires or u can use same board and etche the desired pattern .here's one link....there are other numorous links for the pcb layout....
regrds
aman
http://membres.lycos.fr/epatix/e_ampli1.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.