Feedback on Gainclone PCB layout Wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
maria_andersson said:
I think Jacco agreed to your idea with the input buffer PA. Does an input buffer like that help to keep the feed from being 'drained' if you use long interconnects? Or is it just a better DC blocker?
An input buffer makes a high impedance input which makes it much easier to interface any signal source and the buffer can drive any load like a low impedance inverting gainclone.

If you have an input buffer you can also add a volume pot without any special considerations.

Jacco: thanks (I guess)

PA: OK, I get it, I think. A high impedance load is easier load for the preamp since it will 'drain' less current. A current drain would alter the signal amplitude right? Same as with low impedance speakers I guess. In general you would want to have as high impedance as possible on the input side?

Eitherway I will incorporate the buffer in the PCB and see what it looks like.

Alright, but I think I'll stay with the larger version, kind of tiny those surface mounted chips.

Either way, here's todays version of the PCB, comments are welcome as usual.

Attachments

• gainclone.png
    gainclone.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 250
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.