Another finished Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Although it is a first for me, i am sure you guys a sick of seeing them come and go, a few details on mine however:

OPA541 x 2
25v 10a powersupply with two 33000uf capacitors (one on + one on -)

there are more details, but this amp project has been going on for the last two years or so, and as i am off to university in a week and a half i have forced myself to finish it - i turned it on for the first time today and havn't turned it off since, every instrument is much more prenounced then anything else i am used to.

I know there have been lots of debaits on large smoothing capacitors verses small ones, with the large capacitors the bass is just as prenounced as every other instrument and dosn't seem to lag or sound too full, unlike so other descriptions of using large capacitors.

pictures and more details will follow tomorrow when i have a good look at it - today has been all about the sound!

The pictures, and a few more details:

star ground for signel, star ground for power going to main ground. There is NO hum from this amp when it is on.

each chip has a 0.68uF MKP capacitor on each v+ and v-.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thankyou,

obvously it isn't entirly finished yet, the amp is missing a side (run out of aluminium angle) and i need to think of something for the knobs at the front - im going to fix the connecting rods in place behind the knobs with clear acrylic and slightly sand it, putting a blue LED so the whole area between the knobs and the case glows blue - as i feel some indication is needed to show when it is on

As i make my way through my CD collection, one other thing i have noted is that it is very unforgiving to badly recorded CD's. However one of the best cd's i have found to listen to is Sunny day real estate's LP2, everything is so prominent yet the overall mix stays the same.

an example of what i mean would be to take a band and instead of playing all in the same spot, you seperate them out, putting the bass in one place, each drum in seperate places, the band still plays, but the instruments are more seperate.

(i need to rerecord my band's cd)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.