Regulated power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could not make up last whole week, quite busy. But i have made the circuit layout on a sheet of paper, and just wanna get the parts & assemble.

By the way i am gonna go for 30Khz Switching frequency using SG3525, which would not be critical, as far as PCB layout is concerned

In many old National Power Databooks you can find step-down switching regulators using linear ICs like LM317/337.
blmn,
I know that but as i said earlier those are lenear regulators, I am planning for SMPS type regulator, for higher efficiency & lower Heating + Smaller Heatsink requirement.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
crissty said:
I could not make up last whole week, quite busy. But i have made the circuit layout on a sheet of paper, and just wanna get the parts & assemble.

By the way i am gonna go for 30Khz Switching frequency using SG3525, which would not be critical, as far as PCB layout is concerned

blmn,
I know that but as i said earlier those are lenear regulators, I am planning for SMPS type regulator, for higher efficiency & lower Heating + Smaller Heatsink requirement.

I think you misread him. Those supplies blmn mentioned ARE SMPS, but they use linear chips (317) as the switching elements. Those supplies have all the advantages (and disadvantages, of course) of SMPS.

Jan Didden

Jan,

Sometimes I thinking I´m getting old...

Crissty,

Under tons of dust I found something that might be interesting.

See below two of these circuits.

Best regards,

Attachments

• smpslm317.jpg
    smpslm317.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 256
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.